Freshmen EOP Application Process
Please Note: EOP receives close to 4,000 applications, we only accept 250 freshmen applicants. Failure to adhere to a deadline will result in your EOP application being withdrawn from consideration.
1. Sacramento State Admissions filing period: October 1st - November 30th
- You must apply for admission to Sacramento State before applying to EOP!
- Complete the EOP section in the admissions application (section 11) and submit your online Sacramento State Admissions Application at www.csumentor.edu
- Once you submit your admissions application and it is determined that you are eligible for EOP, you will automatically receive access to the online EOP Application.
Note: A separate application is required for EOP.
2. EOP Application filing period: October 1st – November 30th
- Complete and submit your online EOP Application at www.csumentor.edu.
- Submit letters of Recomendation – by January 15, 2015
3. SAT Registration deadline is November 6, 2014 for the last opportunity to take the SAT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline.
Sacramento State SAT Code: 4671
Test Date: December 6, 2014
4. ACT Registration deadline is November 7, 2014 for the last opportunity to take the ACT test in order to the meet Sacramento State deadline
- Register at www.actstudent.org/regist/
Sacramento State SAT Code: 0382
Test Date: December 13, 2014
5. Deadline to pay the $55 Application Fee deadline is December 18, 2014
6. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Dream Act Application priority filing period: January 1st through March 2nd.
To apply for Financial Aid: FAFSA, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- To register for a PIN# number go to www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
California Dream Act (AB 540 Students) apply at www.csac.ca.gov
7. SAT/ACT test scores deadline: January 15th
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores to Sacramento State Admissions and Outreach Office, DO NOT submit test scores to EOP office.
8. Create your SacLink account
- You will receive a Sac State ID number on your Application Acknowledgment letter. You will use this ID to set up your SacLink account. To register for a SacLink accounts go to: www.csus.edu/saclink/settingUp.stm
SacLink is your point of entry to Sacramento State information resources and access your student records through My Sac State. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing a Global ID that is used to identify each student. SacLink was established to provide e-mail and internet services to all students.
9. EOP Priority ELM/EPT: EOP Freshmen Applicants are required to take the ELM/EPT
CSU requires you to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM) before you enroll, unless you’re exempt. EOP Summer Bridge participants are placed in academic courses based on the EPT and the ELM exam. Therefore, it is very important that students take these tests as early as possible in their senior year of high school.
- Students can register at: www.ets.org/csu/
Scores determine your Summer Bridge Academy course placement. Prepare for this test!
EOP requires ELM/EPT to be taken on March 21,2015 or earlier. Due to our placement requirements in EOP Summer Bridge Academy failure to do so will result in denial of EOP Admissions.
EOP priority test dates:
- Review Math skills at: www.csumathsuccess.org/students
- Review English skills at: www.csuenglishsuccess.org/students_esw
** Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your EOP Application being withdrawn from consideration.
** Dates are subject to change.