Transfer EOP Application Process
EOP at Sacramento State is different than EOPS at the Community college. The EOPS grant, advising requirements and other services received at the Community College, will be different than the services we offer. Our emphasis is on thorough, timely advising and career guidance. Due to financial limitations, not all students will receive the EOP grant.
If admitted to EOP, the following services are offered:
- Academic counseling
- Career counseling
- EOP computer lab
- EOP Ambassadors - peer advising
- EOP Grant to eligible students and if funding permits
- Financial Aid advising
- Learning communities
- Personal counseling
- Referrals to Faculty Student Mentor Program (FSMP)
- Referrals to other departments or agencies
Please Note: EOP stands for Educational Opportunity Program and EOPS stands for Extended Opportunity Programs and Services.
In order to complete your EOP application, it is critical that you meet the deadlines listed below:
Please Note: EOP receives close to 4,000 applications, we only accept 200 Transfer applicants. Failure to adhere to a deadline will result in your EOP application being withdrawn from consideration.
1. Sacramento State Admissions filing period October 1st - November 30th
- You must apply for admission to Sacramento State before applying to EOP!
- Complete the EOP section in the admissions application (section 11) & submit your online Sacramento State Admissions Application at www.csumentor.edu
- Once you submit your Admissions Application and it is determined that you are eligible, you will automatically receive access to the online EOP Application.
Note: A separate application is required for EOP
2. EOP Application filing period October 1st – November 30th
- Complete and submit your online EOP Application through www.csumentor.edu.
- Submit one Recommendation Letter – by January 21, 2016
3. Deadline to pay the $55 Application Fee deadline is December 17, 2016
4. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Dream Act Application priority filing period: January 1st through March 2nd to apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- To register for a PIN# number go to www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
- California Dream Act (AB 540 Students) apply at www.csac.ca.gov
5. Create your SacLink account
- You will receive a Sac State ID number on your Application Acknowledgment letter. You will use this ID to set up your SacLink account. To register for a SacLink accounts go to: www.csus.edu/saclink/settingUp.stm
SacLink is your point of entry to Sacramento State information resources and access your student records through My Sac State. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing a Global ID that is used to identify each student. SacLink was established to provide e-mail and Internet services to all students.
6. Deadline to submit Community College Transcript(s) is January 28, 2016
** Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your EOP Application being withdrawn from consideration.
** Dates are subject to change.