The Financial Aid Office administers three types of scholarships: Institution, Department and Community Scholarships. Typically, scholarships are disbursed at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters unless otherwise specified by the scholarship donor. However, no disbursements will be made until the Financial Aid Office has received funds from the scholarship donor.
Scholarships are used as a resource in a student's financial aid package, and may reduce need-based financial aid awards. The Financial Aid Office does not endorse scholarship search services that require a usage fee.
Quick Reference: Scholarship Flyer (pdf)
The Institutional Scholarship Application is available between January 15 - March 15. An application link will be available in the Student Center for all students with a My Sac State account.
- Review the list of available institutional scholarships
- Check with your major department for more information.
- Each department has different scholarship application processes and deadlines.
- Review the list of department scholarship websites.
- Community scholarship announcements are posted outside the Financial Aid Office as they are received.
- Be sure to check weekly for new announcements. If you receive a Community Scholarship, you must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing of the award. Simply drop off a copy of the scholarship announcement with the amounts you will receive.
- A complete list of Community Scholarships is available for viewing online. The list will open in a new browser window.