Non-Traditional Programs: College of Continuing Education
Financial aid may be available to students who enroll in degree completion programs offered through the College of Continuing Education (CCE). Courses are available in many formats, including online, in-person, night/weekend and hybrid. CCE is a self-supporting education unit of Sacramento State and receives no public funding for its operations. Fees collected for each class cover instruction and administrative costs. Some tuition fee based aid programs, such as the State University Grant or tuition fee waivers are not offered for CCE bachelor's and master's degree programs.
Quick Reference: CCE Checklist (pdf)
- Accelerated Second Bachelor of Science in Pre-Licensure Nursing (ASBSNc) - currently not admitting students
- Bachelor of Arts in Child Development: Early Development Care and Education
- Bachelor of Science in Career and Technical Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Fire Service Management - Special Major - currently not admitting students
- Master of Arts in Education, Workforce Development Advocacy - currently not admitting students
- Master of Science in Accountancy
- Master of Science in Geology - currently not admitting students
- MBA for Executives
- Off Campus Special Education Credential and Master's - accepting applications for Level II (clear) program only
To apply for aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov). After you have applied, you will be required to submit additional documents including the CCE Information Request Form. Monitor your My Sac State Student Center regularly for updates.
The amount and type of aid you may be eligible for, is based on the results from the FAFSA, enrollment, program, length of the term and your cost of attendance.
- Winter session courses are not eligible for financial aid.
- Your aid will be based on the courses listed on the CCE Information Request form.
Disbursement of aid is contingent upon when the program and courses begin.
Loans: Federal loans are payable when you are enrolled and in attendance of at least half-time (6 units undergraduate, 4 units graduate). If you are a new loan borrower, you will be required to complete additional loan requirements; Entrance Loan Counseling (ELC) and Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Quick Reference: Direct Loan Checklist (pdf)
Grants: Grant aid is payable when you are enrolled and in attendance of ALL courses listed for the specific semester.
Sign up for eRefund: eRefund is the process by which refunds are deposited directly into any bank account. All refunds, including financial aid, fee overpayments and housing refunds are available through eRefund. To get your refund faster, we recommend that you sign up for eRefund by logging into your My Sac State account and navigate to your Student Center, click on the Account Inquiry link and then the green "eRefund" button.
- You must submit a new CCE Information Request form if you have a change in enrollment. Your aid will be re-calculated, which may result in the adjustment or repayment of aid.
- Requests for fee deferments must be made through your CCE Program Coordinator. Deferment decisions are not made by the Financial Aid Office.
- A separate online summer application is required for summer financial aid and is available on the Financial Aid website mid-April.
- Check the frequently asked CCE questions
- Email CCE Financial Aid Coordinator Veronica Nava at email@example.com