Minor in Gerontology
Interested in adding to your career opportunities? Knowledge about aging and longevity can be used in all jobs!
With a Minor in Gerontology, you will learn to:
- Better understand older adults
- Provide information, goods and services to older adults/their families
- Develop policies to address aging concerns/problems
- Work in a setting where you can apply knowledge from both your major and minor
Requirements for the Gerontology Minor
Units required for the Minor: 21
- GERO 100 - Aging Issues in Contemporary America
- GERO 101 - Elder Care Services & Strategies
- GERO 102 - Social Policy for an Aging Society
- GERO 103 - Care Management in Gerontology Practice
- GERO 195B - Field Experience
- ETHN 133 - Cross-Culture Aging in America
- NURS 163 - Holistic Approach to Aging or
- FACS 159 - Adulthood & Aging in Human Development
Please see the current CSUS Catalog for a full and up-to-date description, including course descriptions and prerequisities.
For Admissions information, click here.