Minor in Gerontology
Interested in adding to your career opportunities? Knowledge about aging and longevity can be used in all jobs!
With a Minor in Gerontology, you will learn to:
- Better understand older adults
- Provide information, goods and services to older adults/their families
- Develop policies to address aging concerns/problems
- Work in a setting where you can apply knowledge from both your major and minor
Requirements for the Gerontology Minor
Units required for the Minor: 21
- GERO 100 - Aging Issues in Contemporary America
- GERO 101 - Elder Care Services & Strategies
- GERO 102 - Social Policy for an Aging Society
- GERO 103 - Care Management in Gerontology Practice
- GERO 131 - Gerontology Capstone Practicum
- ETHN 133 - Cross-Cultural Aging in America
- FACS 159 - Adulthood & Aging in Human Development or
- GERO 121 - Models for Successful Aging or
- GERO 122 - Managing Disorders in Elders
Please see the current CSUS Catalog for a full and up-to-date description, including course descriptions and prerequisities.
For Admissions information, click here.