Dr. Bridget Parsh
Title: Assistant Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2004
Office: Folsom Hall 2030
Office Phone: 916-278-1512
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- Ed.D., University of San Francisco, 2009
- M.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 2003
- B.S.N., University of San Francisco, 1988
Certifications and Credentials
- California Clinical Nurse Specialist
- End of Life Nursing Education Consortium Educator, AACN
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Pediactric Advanced LIfe Support Provider
- State of California Public Health Nurse Certificate
- IV Certified
- NURS 21 - Freshman Seminar
- NURS 138 - Nursing of the Childrearing Family
- NURS 139 - Nursing Assessment and Skills of the Childrearing Family
- NURS 169 - Clinical Reasoning in Healthcare
- CNSA Faculty Co-Advisor
- Faculty Student Mentor Program Advisor
- Clinical Instruction
- Faculty role
- Simulation outcomes and instructor effectiveness
- Emergency Nurses Association, Member
- American Nurses Association, Member
- Phi Kappa Tau, Member
- Association of California Nurse Leaders, Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Zeta Eta Chapter Member & Governance Chair
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Parsh, B., & Ortega, L. (accepted). Improving shift hand-off. Nursing2012.
- Parsh, B., & Wilson, H (2012). Clinical Queries: Underrstanding Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Nursing2012, 42(7), 68.
- Parsh, B., & Wall Parilo, D. (2012). Advice PRN. Nursing2012, 42(7).
- Parsh, B., & Amarrador, A. (2011). Ingestion of button batteries. Nursing2011, 41(5).
- Parsh, B., & Kwong, K. (2011). Working with students: Quick tips to a great day! Nursing2011: Critical Care, 6(1). (Reprint)
- Parsh, B. (2010). Characteristics of effective simulated clinical experience instructors: Interview with undergraduate nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(10), 569-572.
- Parsh, B., & Sillman, C. (2010). Clinical queries: Adults with congenital heart disease. Nursing2010, 40(10), 63.
- Parsh, B., & Sillman, C. (2010). Caring for children in an adult unit. Nursing2010, 40(5), 55.
- Parsh, B. (2010). 8 traits make great nursing instructors. Nursing Management, 41(3), 46-47. (Reprint)
- Parsh, B. (2010). Eight traits make great nursing instructors. Lippincott’s Nursing Career Directory, 16.
- Parsh, B., & Gee, K. (2009). 10 tips for working with nursing students. Nursing2009, 39(6), 56.
- Parsh, B., & Echandia, A. (2009), Co-author, Conference Symposium Contribution. Working with students to help students: Overcoming obstacles!, International Mentoring Association, Las Vegas, NV.
- Parsh, B., Wall, D., Tobar, K., & Sampson, J. (2007). Utilization of a 12 hour work shift for clinical nursing education. Nurse Educator, 32(5), 190-191.
- Parsh, B. (2006). Want to become a clinical instructor? Nursing2006, 36(9), 62.
- Parsh, B., & Matthews, R. (2005). From books to bedside: Working with new graduates. Direct Link. August 2005.