Dr. Denise Wall-Parilo
Title: Assistant Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2001
Office: Folsom Hall 2008
Office Phone: 916-278-7258
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- Ph.D., University of California, San Francisco
- M.S.N., California State University, Sacramento
- B.S.N., California State University, Sacramento
Certifications and Credentials
- State of California Public Health Nurse
- PALS, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Nursing 138 – Nursing the Childrearing Family
- Nursing 139 – Nursing the Childrearing Family: Assessment & Skill Acquisition
- Children’s Health
- Overweight & Obesity
- Service Learning
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing, Zeta Eta Chapter
- American Nurses Association
- American Red Cross, Sacramento-Sierra Chapter
- Sacramento State Alumni Association, Nursing Chapter
- Fullbright Association
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Parsh, B., & Wall Parilo, D. (in press), Advice PRN: Can providers refuse to care for patients without immunizations?, Nursing2012.
- Contributing Author to: Lagerquist, S., Davis’ NCLEX-RN Success (3rd Ed.) (2012), Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Co.
- Chen, J., Wall, D., Kennedy, C., Unnithan, V., & Yeh, C. (2007). Predictors of increased body mass index in Chinese children, Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing, (22)3, 138-144.
- Tobar, K., Wall, D., Parsh, B., Sampson, J. (2007). Use of 12-hour clinical shifts in nursing education. Nurse Educator, (32)5, 1-2.
- Raingruber, B., Hill, J., Rutan, P., Shade, K., Wall, D., Roseberry McKibbin, C., Kennedy, R., Eggman, S., Robinson, C., Afshar, N. (2006). Sharing knowledge: A comparison of high and low tech approaches to developing nursing expertise,The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture, and Change Management, (6)10, 15-24.
- Recipient, Outstanding Advisor Award, Sacramento State Student Actvities, 2007
- Recipient, The Lois Roth Endowment, Roth-Thompson Grant, 1999