Fall 2014 Admission - News & Updates
Dear BSN Applicants,
Thank you for your patience! We know you are anxiously waiting for your admission decision, and we are working extended hours to bring you news as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we hope the following information will be helpful! Please check back for updates on the admission process. Due to human resource limitations, please do not call the School of Nursing. Thank you!
- We received 460 applications for 80 seats. Based on student-reported data, the applicant ranked 80 has 76 points--the applicant ranked 120 has 71 points. We anticipate the point cut off will be slightly lower when we have completed the evaluation process, but we regret it will be higher than previous semesters.
- Admission decisions and complete evaluations will be emailed to all applicants April 30 (tentative); before the May 1 University, Intent to Enroll deadline.
- If you have not received your admission decision by your registration date, please register for the courses you would take if you were not selected for admission to the nursing program. Do not miss your opportunity to register for courses! If you are selected for admission, placement in your nursing courses is guaranteed! It is your responsibility to enroll in any remaining corequisite courses. The staff will enroll you in your nursing courses in mid-June (the exact date will be provided with your orientation materials). Completing any remaining corequisite courses over summer will lighten your load next fall. Summer registration opens on April 14 at Sac State--April 21 at local Los Rios Community Colleges. These dates are tentative--please check campus websites to confirm!
- Frequently Asked Questions - Please read carefully--twice would be good!
- Newly Admitted Transfer Students - Please see IMPORTANT deadlines below.
IMPORTANT Instructions for "Newly Admitted" Fall 2014 Transfer Students:
- University, Intent to Enroll Deadline - May 1 - Please be sure you return your University, Intent to Enroll (ITE) by the May 1 deadline, www.csus.edu/admissions/ite. This is a critical deadline! Failure to return your ITE by May 1 will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration from the University and the School of Nursing (no fee required, not a promise to enroll). When you receive your admission decision, please check your Alternate number. If you are Alternate 1-50, please submit a "yes" Intent pending news from the School of Nursing (no fee required, not a promise to enroll). The last Alternate selected Fall 2013 was number 41 (usually mid-twenties). Second Bachelors - Since you have not applied to the University yet, this does not apply to you!
- University Mandatory Orientation Registration Deadline - June 1
- Admitted - If you are a transfer student who has been selected for admission to the BSN program, you will attend Orientation on Monday, June 9th. You can register for Orientation by emailing Cindy Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pending Admissions - If you plan to enroll in courses at Sac State, even if you are not selected for admission to the nursing program, you need to register for mandatory, University Orientation by June 1. If you plan to attend Sac State, only if you are selected for admission to the nursing program, you may wait and register for mandatory University Orientation after you receive your nursing admission decision. The Orientation Office will accommodate students selected for admission to the nursing program after the registration deadline. Special instructions will be provided wit your nursing admission decision.
- Second Bachelors - Students pursuing a second baccalaureate degree are not required to attend Orientation.
Best wishes for your success!