Admission to the Program
- A valid California registered nursing license ( RN License must be received within 60 day of graduation from an ADN program)
- California state resident
- Admission to Sacramento State
- Completed RN to BSN admission application packet (see below for details)
- Official transcripts of all institutions attended
- A cumulative G.P.A of 2.6 based on the last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of graded transferable course work
- Applicants who are currently employed as an RN will have priority for admission
- Supplemental writing or oral communication may be required
- Program admission is contingent upon meeting requirements outlined and passing drug screening and background check.
The following classes must have been completed with a grade of "C" or better.
REQUIRED Preadmission courses
In Progress Policy: No more than one course in- progress for preadmission course during application period. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted for in-progress classes but must be replaced with official transcripts.
- Anatomy or Anatomy and Physiology I (with a lab)
- Physiology or Anatomy and Physiology II (with a lab)
- Microbiology (with a lab)
- Chemistry (integrated or organic chemistry is not required)
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking