Fall 2015 MSW Program Application
Applications will be accepted between October 1, 2014 and Friday, January 16, 2015.
Contact MSW Admission
Email MSW Admission
Please thoroughly review ALL information on the MSW website, including the FAQs, prior to emailing MSW Admissions. Answers to most questions can be found with the information provided on the website.
What are the minimum requirements to apply for the CSUS MSW Program?
- Academic Requirement: Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and have at least a 2.80 GPA in the last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of coursework.
- Human Biology Requirement: have passed an acceptable course with human Biology content with a grade of "C" or better. Course content should include: Introduction to the major concepts of biology and their application to humans, reproduction and heredity, energy, and metabolism, ecology, evolution, and the levels of biological organization using the human as an example. Must be completed no later than August 21, 2015. Click here for a SAMPLE of acceptable Human Biology classes.
- Statistics Requirement: have passed an acceptable course in statistics with a grade of ''C'' or better. Course content should include: Descriptive and inferential statistics, sampling, probability distribution, introduction to research methods, relationship of statistics to research methods. Must be completed no later than August 21, 2015. Click here for a SAMPLE of acceptable Statistics classes.
How do I apply for the CSUS MSW Program?
- Apply to the University with the online CSU Mentor Application through the Office of Graduate Studies
- Go to www.csumentor.edu to access the University application. Follow instructions to submit application and pay application fee.
- Print your confirmation page after you submit your CSU Mentor application, and include the print out with your MSW application packet.
- REMEMBER this is one of two applications you will submit. The Division of Social Work application is separate.
- Take the Revised General GRE (Graduate Records Examination)
- Testing information, testing locations, and sample materials can be found at: http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/centers_dates/. The GRE is proctored and reviewed by a private organization separate from CSUS and the Division of Social Work. Any questions or concerns about exam registration, payment, or examination procedures should be directed to the ETS organization.
- Only the analytical writing portion will be reviewed by the Division of Social Work.
- GRE Score Reports must be included with the MSW application packet.
- Complete the Fall 2015 Division of Social Work MSW Application
- Application packets must be submitted in person or postmarked by January 16, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Please read the Instructions for MSW Applicants Fall 2015.
- If your bachelor's degree is NOT from a UC/CSU you will need to complete the Liberal Arts Form.
- Your three references should utilize the Reference Form. References need not submit letters. Points will not be given for references without a reference form