Dr. Michelle Dang
Title: Assistant Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2006
Office: Folsom Hall 2023
Office Phone: 916-278-1511
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 2011
- M.S.N., California State University, Sacramento, 2000
- B.S.N., San Francisco State University, 1988
- NURS 144 - Community Health Nursing
- NURS 174 - Community Health Nursing for Professional Nurses and Leadership in the Community
- Social networks and connectedness among homeless youth
- Health promotion and access to healthcare among marginalized populations across the lifespan
- Dang, M.T., Conger, K.J., Breslau, J., Miller, E. (in press). Exploring protective factors among homeless youth: The role of natural mentors. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved.
- Dang, M.T. (2013). Genetic and social determinants of health: An ecological perspective. In B. Raingruber, Contemporary health promotion in nursing practice. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Dang, M.T. (2012). We need to pay attention to substance use among homeless youth. Journal of Addictions Nursing, 23(3), 149-151.
- Dang, M.T., Whitney, K.D., Virata, M.C., Binger, M.M., & Miller, E. (2012). A web-based personal health information system for homeless youth and young adults. Public Health Nursing, 29(4), 313-319.
- Dang, M.T. (2012). Let teens provide their own consent for the HPV vaccine. American Journal of Nursing, 112(6), 11.
- Dang, M.T. (2010). The history of laws and regulations related to children with development disabilities: Implications for school nursing practice today. Journal of School Nursing, 26(4), 252-259.
- Baker, D.L., Dang, M.T., Ly, M.Y., & Diaz, R. (2010). Perception of barriers to immunization among parents of Hmong origin. American Journal of Public Health, 100, 839-845.
- Baker, D.L., Miller, E., Dang, M.T., Yaangh, C.S., & Hansen, R.L. (2010). Developing culturally responsive approaches with Southeast Asian American families experiencing developmental disabilities. Pediatrics, 126, S146-S150.
- Dang, M.T. (2010). Exercise: A treatment for depression in older adults. Nursing2010, 40(11), 33-36.
- Dang, M. (2008, May). Linking social-emotional health and academic success. National Association of School Nurses Newsletter, 23(3), 18-19.
- Sakimura, J. N., Dang, M. T., Ballard, K. B., & Hansen, R. L. (2008). Cognitive and temperament profiles of 3- to 5-year-old children with aggressive behavior. Journal of School Health, 78(1), 38-45.
- Dang, M. T., Warrington, D., Tung, T., Baker, D., & Pan, R. J. (2007). A school-based approach to early identification and management of students with ADHD. Journal of School Nursing, 23(1), 2-12.