Dr. Katherine Kelly
Title: Assistant Professor
Joined School of Nursing: 2005
Office: Folsom Hall 2007
Office Phone: 916-278-1505
Sacramento State -School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- D.N.P., University of Colorado, 2009
- M.S.N., Orvis School of Nursing Graduate School, 2002
- B.S.N., California State University, Los Angeles, 1979
Certifications and Credentials
- Family Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Emergency Nurses Association - Pediatric Emergency Nursing Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Certified Emergency Nurse - Emergency Nurses Association
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Certificate
- Society of Critical Care Medicine: Fundamentals in Critical Care Support Certification
- NURS 12 - Nursing Care of Adults
- NURS 123 - Nursing Families in Complex Illness
- NURS 210 - Nursing Research as a Foundation for Advanced Practice
- NURS 213 - Role Praxis
- NURS 214B - Education Program Development
- NURS 231 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NURS 293 - Practicum in Acute care
- Student Affairs Committee, Chair
- Advisor for MSN/FNP students
- Affiliate Faculty & Program Coordinator, American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Legal Nurse Consultant, Medical-Surgical, Emergency and Critical Care Nursing and Nurse Practitioner for Urgent and Emergent Settings
- Advisory Board Member, Nurse Family Partnership Program for Yuba and Sutter Counties
- Medical Resource for Disaster Management
- Practicing Nurse Practitioner, California Emergency Physicians
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Kelly, K. (2012). Nursing management of endocrine problems. In Medical – Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems (9th Ed.). Elsevier.
- Curtis, A., & Kelly, K. A., (2011). DNP workforce perspective: Response from the trenches. Nursing Outlook, 59(3), 128-134.
- Kelly, K., & Osborn, K., (2010). Caring for the patient with female reproductive disorders. In Medical – Surgical Nursing: Preparation for Practice. Pearson. Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Impact of Chronic Pain Patients on a Community Emergency Department. Capstone Project. University of Colorado, Denver. Chair: Joan Nelson DNP. May 2009.
- Nurse Practitioner Foundation Grant for Mid Level Model on the management of chronic pain, May 2009
- Kelly, K., & Brady, D. (2009). Endocrine Emergencies. Journal of Emergency Nursing.
- Kelly, K., & Johnson, L. Managing Emergency Access in the New Health Care Environment. A Provider Manual written for the California Association of Hospitals and Health Services Task Force on Triage.
- Patterns of Adaptation in Victims of Domestic Violence: Graduate Thesis. University of Nevada, Reno. Chair: Julie Johnson (Department Chair), May 2002
- Kelly, K., & Englander, A. (1997). Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant. A self-help book for Pregnant Teens. Annick Press, Toronto.
- Kelly, K. (1994). Triaging out of the emergency department to primary care settings: One successful emergency deparment's experience. Journal of Emergency Nursing.
- Kelly, K. (1994). Shifting the cost of caring for non emergency patients from crowded emergency departments to primary care settings. Journal of Emergency Nursing.