Dr. Carolyn VanCouwenberghe
Joined School of Nursing: 1982
Office: Folsom Hall 2031
Office Phone: 916-278-5346
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 1995
- M.S.N., University of California, San Francisco, 1982
- B.S.N., University of California, San Francisco, 1976
- NURS 14 - Phamacology
- NURS 123 - Nursing Families in Complex Illness
- CANA Foundation, 2007-2010
- Nursing Pain Association, Member
- Association of Women in Science, 1995-1999
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society of Nursing, Member
- American Nurses Association, California, Member
- Greater Sacramento Epidemiological Society, Member
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- VanCouwenberghe, contributor. NCLEX Review, Robyn Nelson Editor. (In Press 2009)
- Capovilla, J., VanCouwenberghe, C., & Miller, W. A. (2011). Noninvasive Blood Gas Monitoring. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 23(2), p. 79-86.
- Gorney-Moreno M, VanCouwenberghe C, Doordan A, Smith W, Frankel M. Painless. A WEB-based interactive program for teaching pharmological management to nursing students. Grant recieved.
- 1998 Recipient of the Outstanding Teaching award presented by the College of Health and Human Services, California State University, Sacramento.