Dr. Christine Vourakis
Joined School of Nursing: 2006
Office: Folsom Hall 2009
Office Phone: 916-278-4663
Sacramento State - School of Nursing
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6096
- D.N.Sc., University of California, San Francisco, 1989
- M.N. Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 1977
- B.S.N., Texas Christian University, 1967
- Diploma in Nursing, Vassar Hospital School of Nursing, 1964
Credentials and Certifications
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse, National League for Nursing, 1990-2007
- National Trainer, Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention for Nurses, through the Office for Substance Abuse Prevention, U.S. Public Health Service
- Gestalt Therapy Training Certificate, 1976-1978
- NURS 11 – Introduction to Professional Nursing
- NURS 129 – Mental Health Nursing
- Treatment and Prevention of Addictions in Adolescents
- Pain and Addiction
- The Role of Self-Help Groups in Recovery from Addictions
- International Academy of Nursing Editors (INANE)
- International Society of Addiction Journal Editors (ISAJE)
- American Society of Pain Management Nurses (ASPMN), 1992-1995
- California Nurses Association, Council of Nurse Researchers, Charter Member
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society for Nurses, Zeta Eta Chapter, Member
- Nu Xi Chapter-At-Large, Sigma Theta Tau, 1981-2007
Publications, Grants, and Awards
- Vourakis, C. (2008). Treatment for Women with Co-Occurring Disorders. (Editorial), Journal of Addictions Nursing, 19(2).
- Vourakis, C. (2007). Collaborating and Partnering in Confronting Problem Drinking. (Editorial), Journal of Addictions Nursing, 18(4).
- Armstrong, M., Feigenbaum, J., Savage, C., & Vourakis, C. (Eds.) (2006). Core curriculum of addictions nursing (2nd edition). Raleigh, NC: International Nurses Society on Addictions.
- Vourakis, C. (2005). Admission variables as predictors of completion in an adolescent residential drug treatment program. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 18(4), 161-170.
- Award from the California Board of Registered Nursing, for work as Chair of the Sacramento Diversion Evaluation Committee for Impaired Nursing Practice, 1999