Public Policy and Administration
PPA in the Community
- MPPA student Josef Preciado recently presented a paper based on a class group project at the APPAM International Conference in Segovia, Spain.
- In August, MPPA alumna Leslie McGorman promoted to Deputy Policy Director at NARAL Pro-Choice America in Washington D.C.
- MPPA alumnus Nick Kosla is now Chair of the Orinda Planning Commission and Director of Planning and Entitlement for Pulte Group in the Bay Area
- HPPA President Devin Lavelle (MPPA 11) wrote an article for Fox and Hounds on America's recent soccer craze and election turnout.
- Katie Cardenas (MPPA 13) co-managed her mother Nancy's successful campaign for Lassen County Treasurer/ Tax Collector.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
- Public Policy Administration and Law - Joint MPPA and JD degree program with University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Celebrate PPA's 25th Anniversary! link
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.
Distinguished Alumni Awards!Two MPPA Alumni are among those to receive Distinguished Alumni Awards presented by the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association. They, along with the other awardees, were honored at a reception April 24.
James Mayer, MPPA 1992 • Keri Thomas, MPPA 2006