Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2016 application opens October 1!
- Prospective Student listserv.
- How applicants stack up
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end! Donate today. Facebook
PPA in the Community
- Capitol Weekly Top 100! John Latimer (MPPA 1992). John is a member of PPA’s first class.
- At the request of the London School of Economics and Political Science, PPA Professor Ted Lascher and his research collaborators wrote an entry for the School’s American Politics and Policy blog based on their academic journal article published recently in Political Behavior. Their blog entry is entitled "The ballot initiative process does not make people more generally knowledgeable about politics."
- Rob Wassmer, Ryan Ong (MPPA 2013), and Geoffrey Propheter (MPPA 2010) co-wrote a piece on the subsidy of professional sports arenas/stadiums. Read it here or in a forthcoming issue of the journal Economic Development Quarterly.
- Rob Wassmer, Sac State PPA Professor, has been offered a bi-monthly column titled "State Fiscal Affairs" in the practitioner journal State Tax Notes with Economics Professor Ron Fisher of Michigan State. Their first column is entitled "Perceptions of Gasoline Taxes".
- Rob Wassmer, Sac State PPA Professor, presented his working paper on "Property Taxation, its Land Value Component, and the Generation of Urban Sprawl: The Needed Empirical Evidence" to the Western Economic Association Meetings in Honolulu on July 2, 2015.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
PPA Pizza Picnic 2015: September 1, 2015
Please join us in welcoming thenew students to our graduate programs.
Date: Tuesday, September 1
New and current students, alumni, faculty, staff, friends and family are all invited.
Alumni Grove is located south of the Guy West Bridge on the American River Bike Trail. See map.
Questions? Contact us at 916-278-6557 or email@example.com.
PPA is thrilled that we are designated as the recipient. Many details are yet to be worked out but we are honored by this recognition. An endowed Chair means a faculty position (not necessarily the Department Chair) that is partially to fully funded by a donor.
From the campus press release:
Dean Orn Bodvarsson later stated, "...this is a very, very significant gift, which is a great honor for your department, our College, and the University. This gift to fund an endowed chair is the first of its kind at Sac State and these endowed chairs are very rare in the CSU system. We have been entrusted not only with a sizeable, but a precious gift."
It is available at at Corwin Publications.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
CBS13 News Commentary
PPA Professor, Rob Wassmer, lends his expertise to a local news story about Tiny Houses.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.