Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2016 application opens October 1!
- How applicants stack up
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end!
See more photos on Facebook.
PPA in the Community
- Congratulations to Eric Guerra (MPPA 2008). Sacramento’s newest City Council member. See the Sacramento Bee article with the details.
- Assemblyman Kevin McCarty (MPPA 2011) just co-authored an article with Assemblyman Mark Stone special to the Sacramento Bee, "California Must Lift Kids Out of Poverty".
- PPA Professors Su Jin Jez and Rob Wassmer have co-authored and article which was just published in the journal “Education and Urban Society”. Congratulations, professors!
- Professor Jez's op ed in the Sacramento Bee: Wealth, not income, matters for getting into college.
- Rob Wassmer, Professor of Public Policy and Administration, presented his paper on "The Importance of Supply and Demand Factor to Preschool Attendance" at the 79th Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economic Association on March 28 in Minneapolis.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
- Public Policy Administration and Law - Joint MPPA and JD degree program with University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
PPA is thrilled that we are designated as the recipient. Many details are yet to be worked out but we are honored by this recognition. An endowed Chair means a faculty position (not necessarily the Department Chair) that is partially to fully funded by a donor.
From the campus press release:
Dean Orn Bodvarsson later stated, "...this is a very, very significant gift, which is a great honor for your department, our College, and the University. This gift to fund an endowed chair is the first of its kind at Sac State and these endowed chairs are very rare in the CSU system. We have been entrusted not only with a sizeable, but a precious gift."
Graduate Research Interaction Day
Graduate Research Interaction Day Wednesday, April 8, 2015
To be a presenter, register at http://bit.ly/1GkRuiO by March 20, 2015 at 5:00pm.
It is available for pre-order at Corwin Publications.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.
Distinguished Alumni Awards!Two MPPA Alumni are among those to receive Distinguished Alumni Awards presented by the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association. They, along with the other awardees, were honored at a reception April 24.
James Mayer, MPPA 1992 • Keri Thomas, MPPA 2006