Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2015 application period opened October 1, 2014.
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end!
See more photos on Facebook.
PPA in the Community
- Professors Su Jin Jez and Julian Heilig (EdD program) discuss an article about Teach for America in the October 2014 edition of California Educator (page 21).
- On October 30, PPA professors, PPA alumni, PPA and Government students, and others presented a Non-Partisan Voter Information Form at the Alumni Center on campus.
- In September, Governor Brown appointed MPPA Alumnus Andrew Sturmfels as Deputy Director of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs at the California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz).
- In June, MPPA Distinguished Alumnus Honoree and City of West Sacramento Mayor Christopher Cabaldon was awarded the prestigious 2014 City Livability Award from the U.S. Conference of Mayors’ for his leadership, creativity, and innovation.
- MPPA student Josef Preciado recently presented a paper based on a class group project at the APPAM International Conference in Segovia, Spain.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
- Public Policy Administration and Law - Joint MPPA and JD degree program with University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
PPA Branding Survey
Students and alumni! Help us out by taking our branding survey.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.
Distinguished Alumni Awards!Two MPPA Alumni are among those to receive Distinguished Alumni Awards presented by the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association. They, along with the other awardees, were honored at a reception April 24.
James Mayer, MPPA 1992 • Keri Thomas, MPPA 2006