Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2015 application period opened October 1, 2014.
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end!
See more photos on Facebook.
PPA in the Community
- PPA student Josef Preciado has been promoted to Associate Director for International and Out of State Admissions at Sacramento State. Emiliano Diaz, the University's Director of Admissions and Outreach, indicated that Jo "brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge coupled with a strong desire to raise Sac State’s profile."
- Rob Wassmer, Professor in Public Policy and Administration at Sac State, was part of the California Economic Summit Working Landscapes Action Team that suggested public policies to pursue for “A ROADMAP TO SHARED PROSPERITY: The right next steps toward sustainable growth” (document attached). This group was coordinated by California Forward; of which their Executive Director Jim Mayer is a PPA Alum.
- We are proud to announce that PPA Professor Ted Lascher is the recipient of the College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies 2014-15 Oustadning Scholarly and Creative Activity Award. Congratulations to you, Ted, and to all the 2014-15 Outstanding Faculty Awards recipients.
- Kent Anderson (MPPA 2011), deputy director of economic develoopment in Layton City, Utah, has helped make Layton one of the top 50 cities in America. Here are two articles that illustrate that point, one about a partnership with the local AFB and one about what Layton City has to offer.
- Cosmo Garvin, contributing reporter on The View from Here and recent MPPA alumnus, reported on Hidden Hunger: Food Insecurity in Sacramento’s Overlooked Neighborhoods. This is an excellent piece of journalism about a serious regional issue.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
- Public Policy Administration and Law - Joint MPPA and JD degree program with University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Thank you for your generosity on Giving Tuesday!
If you missed it, you can still make a donation to PPA before the end of the year.
The College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies donor page is here.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.
Distinguished Alumni Awards!Two MPPA Alumni are among those to receive Distinguished Alumni Awards presented by the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association. They, along with the other awardees, were honored at a reception April 24.
James Mayer, MPPA 1992 • Keri Thomas, MPPA 2006