Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2016 application opens October 1!
- Prospective Student listserv.
- How applicants stack up
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end! Donate today. Facebook
PPA in the Community
- Jamie York (MPPA 2001). This past spring Jamie York started working at the Sacramento County CEO’s Office as the CEO Management Analyst II, serving the Criminal Justice Cabinet (CJC), Community Corrections Partnership (CCP), and Integrated Justice Information Systems (IJIS) Steering Committee. Congratulations, Jamie!
- Congratulations, Terra Thorne! Terra is graduating with her MPPA this spring. She won the 29th annual CSU Student Research Competition in her category.
- Congratulations to Rupinder Jawanda (MS/ULD 2011) for her recent appointment as Public Alternate Member to the Sutter County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO).
- Rob Wassmer (PPA Professor) and Peter Detwiler (PPA Lecturer) are quoted in the Sacramento News and Review article "It Fakes a Village".
- Rob Wassmer, Professor of Public Policy and Administration, just had a coauthored publication with Ron Fisher (Michigan State) on "A (Baker’s) Dozen Years of State and Local Government Capital Investment" published in the practitioner's journal State Tax Notes.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
The Department office is open this summer.
Monday - Friday
We will be closed Friday, July 3 in observance of Independence Day.
You can see details about our schedule here.
PPA is thrilled that we are designated as the recipient. Many details are yet to be worked out but we are honored by this recognition. An endowed Chair means a faculty position (not necessarily the Department Chair) that is partially to fully funded by a donor.
From the campus press release:
Dean Orn Bodvarsson later stated, "...this is a very, very significant gift, which is a great honor for your department, our College, and the University. This gift to fund an endowed chair is the first of its kind at Sac State and these endowed chairs are very rare in the CSU system. We have been entrusted not only with a sizeable, but a precious gift."
It is available for pre-order at Corwin Publications.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
CBS13 News Commentary
PPA Professor, Rob Wassmer, lends his expertise to a local news story about Tiny Houses.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.