Impaction and Applying to the Psychology Major
The Chancellor's Office of the California State University has granted the Psychology Department impaction status for its undergraduate major program. Students applying to the major are required to submit a supplemental application. New applicants, including transfer students, must be admitted to the University prior to applying to the major.
To apply to the undergraduate psychology major, you must meet all of the following supplemental admission criteria:
- New and returning students must meet the CSU admission requirements and must be in good academic standing.
- Students must have completed PSYC 2 (Introductory Psychology; 3 semester units), or its articulated equivalents, with a grade of “C” or higher within 2 attempts. Courses in progress at the time the supplemental application is submitted are not accepted.
- Students must have completed at least 30 semester units.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.3 in all college level courses.
Admission of majors to the Psychology program will be based on a rank ordering of eligible applicants according to their overall GPA. Applicants will be accepted for available spaces up to the departmental capacity. The GPA cut-off for Spring 2015 admission to the major was 2.3.
Additional information for students who have "expressed interest" in a Psychology Major, please refer to the orientation slides here. Students applying to the major for Fall 2015 admission to the Psychology major are strongly encouraged to attend one of the following Information Sessions. For more information or questions about the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Information Sessions for Fall 2015 Supplemental Applications to the Psychology major:
1. Friday, January 30th, from 1:30pm – 2:30pm, Amador Hall 217
2. Tuesday, February 17th, from 5:30pm – 6:30pm, Amador Hall 250
3. Friday, March 6th, from 1:30pm – 2:30pm, Academic Information Resource Center 1009
For Applicants pursuing a Transfer Associate of Arts (AA-T) or Associate of Science (AS-T) Degree in Psychology:
- For the AA-T or AS-T to be considered in the Sacramento State admission decision, the applicant must be pursuing the approved AA-T or AS-T in Psychology at the time of application and must be on-track for completing the approved program prior to Fall 2013.
- If the above is met, the AA-T or AS-T degree curriculum is used in lieu of the Psychology major specific courses
- If you are pursuing a AA-T or AS-T in Psychology, submit a copy of the completed degree evaluation (Verification of Intent to Earn AA-T or AS-T) document from your California Community College. The document must be mailed to Sacramento State Admissions Office, Lassen Hall 1100, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6048.
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.