- Becoming a Social Science Teacher
- Resources for Majors
- SSCI 193/Portfolio
- Subject Matter Competency Evaluations
- Catalog - Current
- Internships and Jobs
Subject Matter Competency Evaluation
If you hold a Bachelor's Degree from any California State University institution other than Sacramento State or are a Sacramento State graduate with a degree other than Social Science and graduated over one (1) year ago, a Social Science advisor will evaluate your transcripts for Social Science Subject Matter Competency for a processing fee of $50.
If you would like to start the evaluation process please mail the following to:
California State University, Sacramento
Social Science Program
Attn - Subject Matter Evaluations
6000 J Street
Sacramento CA 95819-6122
The evaluations process can take between 2 -4 weeks. Please include:
- Full set of transcripts from all colleges you attended (unofficial copies are okay).
- Cover letter with brief explanation of why you are submitting transcripts and the date that the evaluation is due. Please also include contact information (address, phone number, email).
- $50 evaluation fee (check or money order payable to CSUS-SMC).
- Copies of catalog course descriptions from out of state institutions only.
If you have further questions about this process please contact the Social Science Program office at 916-278-6207.
California State University, Sacramento | Social Science Program | Sacramento, CA 95819-6122 | (916) 278-6207
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.