High Tech Center Lab Policy
- THE HIGH TECH CENTER (HTC) is for the exclusive use by Services to Students with Disabilities (SSWD) students to complete Sacramento State coursework.
- Students must possess a current SacLink account.
- Students who are not SSWD students are not allowed access to this lab.
- Equipment/supplies in the HTC are NOT for personal use.
- Do not use more than one computer during any one log-in session.
- The HTC is comprised of a training room (room 2010) and a supported working lab environment (room 2011).
Training room (2010) policies include:
- Students who have scheduled training sessions have priority use of the systems in this facility.
- Content of instruction includes appropriate adaptive technology (screen magnification, screen reading, scan/read programs, etc.) based on the student’s disability. For training in other technology, students are encouraged to enroll in specific classes or workshops elsewhere on this campus.
- Other eligible students may use this training room upon approval if there are available computers and if it does not interrupt instruction.
Working lab (2011) policies include:
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY - Students must be computer proficient before requesting use of the HTC working lab to complete coursework. This includes the ability to independently access the software, create, move, edit, spell check, print and save the document.
- Do not use more than one computer during a log-in session.
Working Lab (2011) and Training Room (2010) policies include:
- ACCESS TO DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC SOFTWARE/LIBRARY DATABASES – The High Tech Center may make certain department specific software (e.g. SPSS) or library databases available for student use; however, it is not the responsibility of the HTC staff to provide assistance in the use of that software or in researching databases. If students need assistance with that software or in doing research, they need to ask University personnel who specialize in that software/database for assistance.
- INTERNET ACCESS – Internet access is to be used ONLY for the completion of Sacramento State coursework. Students will be expected to adhere to the to the California State University - Sacramento Lab Regulations http://www.csus.edu/irt/labs/guidelines.html
- PRINTING – The HTC participates in the University’s PrintSmart laser printing system. Students will be expected to adhere to the California State University – Sacramento Lab Printing Regulations. http://www.csus.edu/irt/labs/guidelines.html. For assistance please see Staff.
- RESPECT OTHERS' NEED FOR QUIET AND PRIVACY
- NO TUTORING ALLOWED IN THE HIGH TECH CENTER
- NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE HIGH TECH CENTER
- HIGH TECH CENTER CLOSINGS – Occasionally, the High Tech Center will be closed for test administration, demonstrations, events, or tours. Advance notice will be given. However there may be occasions when the closing is immediate, as in the case of power failure.
- TELEPHONE USAGE – Phones are for staff use only. Please do NOT have calls returned here. Cell phones must be turned OFF when in the HTC.
- PERSONAL ITEMS – Please remove personal items from the area of the computer you are working on when you leave for more than 15 minutes. Another person may need to use the computer. Please do not leave personal items in the lab overnight. Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- PRIVILEGES REVOKED - Any student who causes a disruption or disturbance will be asked to leave the HTC. Lab privileges may be revoked for those students who continually cause a disturbance, are abusive to staff, are observed damaging equipment, furniture or software, or are violating University or this HTC policy.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE HIGH TECH CENTER IS BEING MONITORED.
Student Signature: ___________________ Date: ____________________
Updated: September 2014
Please inform SSWD at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems accessing the SSWD web site.