Workforce Recruitment Program
WHAT IS THE WORKFORCE RECRUITMENT PROGRAM?
The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is an employment recruitment program for college students with disabilities in search of local and national summer jobs/full-time employment with federal agencies and private sector employers.
An eligible student:
- has a disability (documentation of disability must be on file with the Services to Students with Disabilities Office)
- is a United States citizen
- is enrolled in a degree program on a substantially full-time basis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a sustantially full-time load) OR
- graduated with a degree in December 2011 or more recently
A federal recruiter will be on campus on October 17, 18 & 19, 2012, to screen a limited number of eligible Sac State students interested in this employment opportunity.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Please note that the registration/application process is entirely online. If you applied in the past, you must re-apply for the 2013 program. If you are selected for an appointment with the federal recruiter, you will receive an email instructing you to contact the SSWD Office.
Please print and complete all of the steps on the following document before submitting it to SSWD:
(Deadline to Self-Register: October 1, 2012)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bring hard copies of your resume and transcripts with you if you’re selected for an appointment with the federal recruiter.
- WRP 2013 Informational Materials Packet (.doc)
- WRP 2013 Application Requirements (.doc)
- WRP 2013 FAQ's for Students (.doc)
(These documents are available in alternate formats upon request)
"This has been a great work experience in my major. It has also helped to create valuable contacts for the future." -- C.R., Sac State student and WRP participant
How to Create and Upload Accessible Documents
Documents submitted as part of the WRP Applications should be in either Word, text, or PDF format. Word or other text documents are strongly encouraged. When submitting documents, please make sure the document is tagged for accessibility. The following resources will help you with this process: http://www.da.usda.gov/oo/target/wrp/.
For more information or questions about the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP), please continue to check back at this web page for updates.
Please inform SSWD at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems accessing the SSWD web site or if you need these documents in an alternate format.