Housing Facilities & Grounds
Housing General Repairs
Our Facilities Workers take care of a diverse set of tasks that to maintain and improve the Residence Halls and Dining Commons. Some services we provide are:
- Repair and preventative maintenance of plumbing fixtures and systems, electrical systems, lighting, appliances, electrical outlets, interior and exterior doors, closet doors windows and screens
- Installation and maintenance of bulletin boards and cork strips
- Repair and maintenance of access card systems, locks, core changes and annual rotations
- Installation and repair of room furniture & equipment
- Interior and exterior painting
- Trouble calls such as plumbing emergencies, electrical failures, fire alarms, lock and security problems, damaged building components and broken windows
Access Cards & Keys
Housing Facilities Maintenance has the in-house expertise to generate access cards, keys, and perform room core changes for its residents. Typically, residents are issued a room/mailbox key and card access at the beginning of the academic year or their stay during summer. Should a resident loose a key or card, a new one will be made up at a charge. It is important that residents report such losses immediately to their Hall Director, Resident Advisor or Supervisor. Core key changes and card access assignments are given high priority for your safety.
Refrigerators are available for lease from the Housing and Residential Life Office on a first come/first serve basis. We allow one refrigerator per student room. Refrigerator rental information is available at time of check-in. If a student brings their own refrigerator, it must comply with the following specifications:
- Maximum capacity 4.4 cubic feet.
- Motor: 115 volt, 60 cycle, maximum 1.5 amperage.
- Good operating condition and UL approved.
Refrigerators must be operated and maintained in full compliance with safety and sanitary standards.