- Adm Ops
- Bus & Adm Svcs
- Risk Mgt
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Records Retention Schedule
- Records Center
- Vital Records
- Files Management
State Records Center: Records Retrieval
While the University Records Management Coordinator is responsible for coordinating retrieval and re-filing of material previously stored at the State Records Center, the Records Authority for your office is responsible for ensuring that an up-to-date RM Access Authorization Form is on file with our office.
Access Authorization Form
- Only personnel who are listed on the RM Access Authorization Form may request retrieval of records from the State Records Center.
- The form includes the name, title and signature of each office employee authorized to access the records for your office.
- One-time-only authorization for someone not on the Access Authorization Form can be obtained by sending an e-mail message to us. E-mails should include the name and title of both the person making the request and the person who will retrieve the record.
Requesting a Box Retrieval
Request a box or file retrieval via e-mail email@example.com, campus mail zip 6038, telephone 916-278-6312 or FAX 916-278-5783.
Supply the following information:
- Requestor name, department /unit name , Room #
- Name box requested, Location #, List # and Container #
Delivery of Boxes:
- On your request include the address to which the boxes will be delivered. Central Receiving will then deliver the boxes to your department.
- On delivery, your office will be required to sign a receipt, which serves as acknowledgement that your box(s)/material was delivered.
State Records Center.
Reactivation of a box (returning a box to active use):
It is sometimes necessary to return a box to active use within your office. Follow the same procedure and supply the same information you would when requesting a box retrieval. Add the word "reactivate" to your request. If you have retrieved a box and decided at a later date that you need to reactivate it, please call the office 916-278-6312 or e mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of this change in the box status.
Returning of Boxes to State Records Center:
- Call us 916-278-6312 to arrange pick-up of retrieved boxes which had previously been stored at the State Records Center.
For questions on the content of this page, please contact Records Management Services at 916-278-6312 or e-mail at email@example.com.
RM News & Events
- President's Cabinet
- HR Manager's Tool Kit
- Records Management Presentation at BPRT
- Records Management Presentation at ABA Management Council Oct 2010
- Training development in progress
- Executive Order 1031
- Public Records Act
- Student Records
- Medical Records
- University Archives
- University Manual
- Information Resources and Technology
- Confidential Shredding
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.