- Adm Ops
- Bus & Adm Svcs
- Risk Mgt
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Records Retention Schedule
- Records Center
- Vital Records
- Files Management
Records Center: Using State Records Center
Records which have at least one year remaining in their retention period can be stored in the State Records Center.
- Preparing Records for Storage
- All records transferred to the State Records Center for storage must be included on an up-to-date University Records Management Committee approved retention schedule
- Records must be packed in a standard storage box (10" x 12" x 15") with lid (source and color of the box is not important)
- Boxes can be ordered from Office Max, Item # P512770
- Pack records with significantly different retention periods in separate boxes
- Boxes should weigh no more than 35 pounds, and be at least half full
- The box lid must fit firmly - do not use hanging files or place ring binders on end
- Label one short side of the box using a magic marker- Do not attach labels, "Post-It Notes" or tape to the box
State Records Center.
Include on the label:
- Box Number- usually sequential 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Transfer List number
- Boxes must meet these criteria to ensure pick-up
- Prepare and submit a Storage Request Form Standard Form 71. If you have trouble accessing these forms, please contact Records Management Services at 916-278-6312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Once we have received and processed your request, we will make arrangements with Facilities Services for pick up.
- After the boxes have been shelved in the SRC, Records Management Services will receive a completed Standard Form 71 which lists the SRC Storage Numbers assigned to your boxes.
- A copy of this revised Standard Form 71 will be mailed to the Department RM Coordinator. File this with your copy of the Standard Form 71. You will need to reference these SRC numbers whenever you retrieve your records.
For questions on the content of this page, please contact Records Management Services at 916-278-6312 or e-mail at email@example.com.
RM News & Events
- President's Cabinet
- HR Manager's Tool Kit
- Records Management Presentation at BPRT
- Records Management Presentation at ABA Management Council Oct 2010
- Training development in progress
- Executive Order 1031
- Public Records Act
- Student Records
- Medical Records
- University Archives
- University Manual
- Information Resources and Technology
- Confidential Shredding
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.