Welcome to Risk Management
Risk Management supports the entire campus and all organizations and programs associated with it. Our principal focus is to mitigate liability and establish controls that are intended to prevent incidents that could negatively affect individuals and the institution, its finances and its standing in the community. The following is a brief outline of what we do. We:
- Evaluate and mitigate risk through participation on the Institutional Review Board (human subjects research safety), and the Campus Safety and Environmental Health Committee,
- Manage the Foreign Travel Insurance Program for international travelers,
- Counsel with academic and other departments regarding potential risk exposures in their programs and activities,
- Evaluate and approve insurance for campus vendors and contractors,
- Arrange for and oversee the efforts to mitigate the damage that occurs when buildings are damaged by fire, water, or other means,
- Evaluate and approve third party events on campus,
- Evaluate and approve student club and Residential Life activities when risk or safety issues are a factor,
- Implement and advance pedestrian safety on campus and safe driving everywhere.
EVERYONE IS A RISK MANAGER.
Because we cannot be everywhere, one of our core missions is to train University and auxiliary personnel to identify, assess and mitigate risk exposures of all kinds that threaten their people, their program and the University.