Welcome to Risk Management
Risk Management supports the entire campus and all organizations and programs associated with it. Our principal focus is to mitigate liability and prevent incidents and accidents that could negatively affect individuals and the institution, its finances and its standing in the community. The following is a brief outline of what we do. We:
- Review contracts and other legal documents for indemnification and insurance provisions,
- Identify trip hazards, tree hazards, roadway and personal safety hazards on campus,
- Evaluate and approve insurance for campus vendors and contractors,
- Arrange for Foreign Travel Insurance for international travelers,
- Arrange for and oversee the efforts to mitigate the damage that occurs when buildings burn or flood, or are struck by vehicles,
- Evaluate and approve third party events on campus,
- Evaluate and approve student club and Residential Life activities when risk or safety issues are a factor,
- Implement and advance pedestrian safety on campus and safe driving everywhere, and
- Are concerned with the safety of campus visitors.
EVERYONE IS A RISK MANAGER.
Because we cannot be everywhere, we train University and auxiliary personnel to identify, assess and mitigate risk exposures of all kinds that threaten their programs and the University.