What is Astra Schedule?
Astra Schedule is the University's software tool for locating and scheduling facilities for classes, final exams, and events. Astra Schedule has an interface with PeopleSoft/CMS that synchronizes room assignments for classes between the two systems. Event information in Astra Schedule is not maintained in PeopleSoft.
Academic departments utilize Astra Schedule to view and assign facilities for classes. Space Management uses Astra Schedule to centrally schedule facilities for classes, final exams and events in State owned facilities. Campus customers may view classes and/or events scheduled in Astra as a Guest User at https://astra.csus.edu. When the Astra web client loads, the page will automatically display Guest access.
Astra Schedule is available 24/7 on campus or off campus with a VPN connection. For the Astra web Guest User, the Main Menu Options are Home, Announcements, Schedules, and View Rooms.
Helpful Links on Astra Schedule
Announcements – Provides important scheduling and event deadlines
Schedules – Shows classes and events scheduled by date range and/or by building. Select the desired report View (List, Weekly Calendar, Monthly Calendar, Daily Room Grid, or Weekly Room Grid) and filter criteria before selecting Apply Filter.
View Rooms – Furnishes room details such as capacity, room type and equipment features. Note: Campus Learning Spaces also provides details about instructional spaces.
Astra Schedule/PeopleSoft Interface
The Astra Schedule/PeopleSoft interface has several "modes" and runs the three simultaneously:
- (PeopleSoft Refresh to Astra) A batch import is scheduled to run every weekday morning at 3:00am, which will re-import (refresh) all active semesters from PeopleSoft. Academic department schedulers will be working in Astra Schedule with the most current PeopleSoft data at start of each work day.
- (PeopleSoft to Astra) A transactional import is scheduled to run every two minutes to capture changes made in PeopleSoft during that timeframe.
- (Astra to PeopleSoft) A real-time export runs whenever a room assignment has been made or a room is removed from a section in Astra. The information (either the room assigned or removed) is immediately sent to PeopleSoft on "save." This usually takes 30+ seconds.
NOTE: Please contact Space Management at (916) 278-6507 or firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues regarding the Astra Schedule/PeopleSoft interface.
Astra Schedule Training
For training and information on how to view information in Astra Schedule select the Astra Schedule Campus View Access Guest User tutorial below. The tutorial demonstrates navigation using class examples but the navigational aspects are similar for viewing events, final exams, and room information. You may also contact Space Management at (916) 278-6507 or email@example.com with any questions.
Academic Department Scheduler
- LearnerWeb Course: CMS Facilities Scheduling WBT
(Required for academic department schedulers)
- Astra Scheduling Class Facilities WBT
- CMS Facilities Scheduling WBT
- CMS Scheduling Classes into Facilities Scheduling (PDF)
- Astra Scheduling Classes into Facilities (PDF)
Astra Schedule Department Scheduler User Accounts
Please contact Space Management at (916) 278-6507 or firstname.lastname@example.org with requests or concerns regarding Astra Schedule user accounts.
Space Management can create new Astra user accounts for academic departments and update access for current Astra users as long as their scheduling access in CMS is the same. Space Management will verify the department scheduling security access in CMS with IRT. New users must complete the Astra Schedule Learner Web online training (Course: CMS Facilities Scheduling WBT) listed above. If you have questions about CMS department scheduler access and training requirements, please contact IRT or Academic Affairs.