OneCard Terms & Conditions
1. HORNET BUCKS ACCOUNT (Account): This Account is a record of your money deposited with us and available to you for purchasing products and services wherever the OneCard (Card) is accepted. You do not earn interest, you may not use the Card as a credit card, nor to obtain cash, and you may not transfer your Account. Your Account will be activated when you deposit one U.S. dollar ($1) or more. You may add additional funds to your Account at any time in the amount of U.S. $1 or more. You may make a check or money order deposit in person at the Bursar's Office (Lassen Hall, Room 1001), or mail a check or money order to the Bursar's Office using the online Mail-In Deposit Form, or by depositing cash into one of the campus Hornet Bucks Stations (no change is given from a Hornet Bucks Station).
2. FEES: There are no transaction charges. If you present a check for payment or deposit, and the check is subsequently returned for any reason, your Account will be frozen and we will charge a $20 returned check fee. The University will use all legal recourse to collect amounts due including, but not limited to, the placement of a hold on student records. Your Account may be reactivated upon restitution; however, you will lose check privileges.
3. THE CARD: You must present your Card in order to purchase products or services. The Card is the property of California State University, Sacramento, and is non-transferable. The Card may be deactivated and/or retained when presented by any Cardholder making inappropriate or illegal use of it.
4. LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED CARDS: You agree to immediately report a lost or stolen Card in person at the Bursar's Office, by telephoning (916) 278-7878 or through your MySacState account or Mobile App. After business hours, leave a phone message with your name and Sac State ID number along with a brief description of the circumstances. You may be responsible for all usage of your Card prior to reporting its loss or theft to SFSC. You must come to SFSC during business hours to obtain a replacement card. You will be charged $15 for replacing lost, stolen or damaged cards.
5. RETURNS AND MERCHANT REFUNDS: Merchants may accept purchases for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the products or services. All credits will be returned to your Account; no cash refunds will be given.
6. ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Retired employees who have been granted Emeritus status may apply for an Emeritus OneCard. Students and employees may close their Accounts when they graduate or leave the university by completing the required refund form at SFSC. Any refund will be paid by check through normal University procedures. SFSC reserves the right to close any Account that is inactive for more than twelve (12) months. If an inactive Account has a remaining balance, an annual fee of $3 will be assessed until either: the account becomes active, or the account balance falls below $3 at which time the account will be closed and the funds will be paid to the University as an administrative fee.
7. ERROR RESOLUTION: If you suspect an error on a receipt or Account statement, or if you would like more information about a specific transaction, you may contact the Bursar's Office by telephone at (916) 278-6736 or by mail at 6000 J Street, Sacramento CA 95819-6052. You must contact SFSC within sixty (60) days of the transaction(s) in question. Failure to request error resolution in a timely manner could result in the inability to resolve an alleged error.
8. DISCLOSURE: We will disclose information about your Account to third parties for only the following reasons: (1) in order to complete a transaction requested by you; (2) in order to comply with a court order; (3) to fulfill a lawful University department or program request; (4) in conjunction with all other cardholder accounts in the aggregate but not specific in regard to your account; or (5) with your written permission.
9. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The terms and conditions of this Agreement are effective and remain binding until the Cardholder is otherwise notified. If any changes are made to the terms and conditions, the Center will provide the Cardholder with notice of change(s) at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the effective date by publishing the changes in the State Hornet, the Sac State Bulletin, and/or through other campus distribution. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the Account.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
For more information regarding California State University, Sacramento's OneCard policies, please visit the University Policy Manual and/or contact the Bursar's Office at 278-6736.