Contracting Services

The Contracting Services Section of the Procurement and Contract Services Office provides a wide variety of services to campus departments, in agreements executed on behalf of the University. 

Contract Services Staff

Suzanne Swartz, Contract Management Specialist,
Contract Services Supervisor
(916) 278-5797

Michelle Johnson, Contract Specialist II
(916) 278-7410

Danielle Rogers, Contract Specialist I
(916) 278-7349          


Contracting Authority

Contracting authority on Campus is derived from a CSU Trustees delegation to the Chancellor who delegates authority to each campus President who in turn delegates within the campus. Delegation of Authority 775 delegates the Acquisition of Personal Property and Services to only duly authorized contracting and procurement personnel.

Contract Approval Policy

All Contractual agreements which would bind California State University, Sacramento must be reviewed by the Contract Administration Section of Procurement and Contract Services.  This review is required regardless of monetary considerations.  Proposed contracts and/or agreements and subsequent changes to contracts and/or agreements must be submitted to Procurement & Contract Services for review and coordination of agreement approval. 

(Agreements associated with a CFS requisition/purchase order should be forwarded to the Procurement and Contract Services Staff member assigned that requisition.)

What is Contracting?

Contracting occurs whenever the University executes an agreement or contract with an entity outside to the University or a University Auxiliary Organization.

What is a Contract?

A Contract includes things as simple as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to as complex as the construction of a major facility on campus.  Examples of contracts and agreements handled by the Contract Administration Services section as follows:

  • Land and Property Lease Agreement
  • Memorandums of Understanding (MOU)
  • Revenue Agreements
  • Student Placement and Internship Agreements (Clinical and Non-Clinical)
  • Service Learning Agreements
  • Study Abroad Agreements
  • Construction Agreements and Construction Related Services
  • Agreements to Borrow Artwork
  • Housing Leases (Residence Hall)
  • Presidential Leases
  • License Agreements (not including software)