Welcome to Risk Management
Risk Management supports the entire campus and all organizations and programs associated with it. Our principal focus is to mitigate liability and establish controls that are intended to prevent incidents that could negatively affect individuals and the institution, its finances and its standing in the community. The following is a brief outline of what we do. We:
- Manage the Foreign Travel Insurance Program for international travelers and work closely with International Programs to see to the safety of our students travelling abroad,
- Counsel with academic and other departments regarding potential risk exposures in their programs and activities,
- Evaluate and approve student club and Residential Life activities when risk or safety issues are a factor,
- Evaluate and approve insurance and bonds for campus vendors and contractors,
- Arrange for and oversee the efforts to mitigate the damage that occurs when buildings are damaged by fire, water, or other means,
- Evaluate and approve third party events on campus,
- Implement and advance pedestrian safety on campus and safe driving everywhere.
- Evaluate and mitigate risk through participation on the Institutional Review Board (human subjects research safety), and the Campus Safety and Environmental Health Committee.
EVERYONE IS A RISK MANAGER
Because we cannot be everywhere, one of our core missions is to train University and auxiliary personnel to identify, assess and mitigate risk exposures of all kinds that threaten their people, their program and the University.