Inland Marine Insurance

Inland Marine Property Coverage is an insurance policy that protects high value items such as art or specialized equipment. This type of insurance is required by many lenders of art pieces in order to display them on campus. Here at Sacramento State, this insurance is used as property coverage, but transit insurance is NOT included. You must be sure to request transit insurance if you wish to insure the property while it is being shipped to and from campus. If you do not purchase transit insurance, any damage while the items are being transported will not be covered.

Inland Marine Property Coverage available coverages include: Art Exhibits, Special Collections, Cameras, Computers, Video Equipment, and Musical Instruments.

Please submit requests 15 days before the requested effective date of the coverage.

To request Inland Marine Insurance, complete a Fine Arts Exhibit Coverage Request Form. Fax, email, or drop it off at our office (RFC 220). You can also mail it to campus mail stop 6145 ATTN: Susan Colley-Monk.

Be sure to attach or email a Fine Arts Exhibit Inventory Form with your request. Your request will not be processed without it!

Contact Procurement and Contract Services at x85797 to start the agreement process.