About Risk Management Services
RMS has responsibility for five major University functions, which are:
- Business Continuity Planning: Oversight and training for disaster contingency or continuity of operations planning
- Environmental Health & Safety: Compliance in the areas of occupational fire/life safety, HazMat, industrial hygiene, radiation safety, environmental management system, etc.
- Risk Management: Hazard and exposure mitigation, general safety, insurance, self-insurance, driving program, business risks and claims management
- Space Management: Allocation and utilization of campus space resources
- Workers' Compensation: Providision of medical and other benefits to employees with a work-related injury and/or illness
RMS also provides regulatory compliance training to University employees in areas relevant to its areas of responsibility.