GOOD TO KNOW
Please refer to the current Schedule Building Calendars (PDF), Facilities Scheduling Instructions for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 (PDF), and the Academic Calendar for more information. Several key dates are listed below.
- October 5, 2012 - Deadline to complete winter 2013 schedule building.
- December 21, 2012 - Deadline to complete fall 2013 and spring 2014 schedule building process for review by Academic Affairs and Space Management. Deadline to complete all facility assignments for the schedule of classes.
- January 11, 2013 - Deadline to complete summer 2013 schedule building.
- February 11, 2013 - Summer 2013 class schedule available on the campus Portal.
- February 18, 2013 - Department access is reinstated in CMS to make changes to the fall 2013 and spring 2014 class schedules. Note: All room changes for sections for fall 2013 and spring 2014 must be made in Astra Schedule from this date through census date of each term.
- March 4, 2013 - Fall 2013 & Spring 2014 class schedules are available on the campus Portal.
Note: Class Scheduling FAQs can be viewed on the Academic Affairs website.
- April 1, 2013 - Cesar Chavez Birthday Observed
- May 27, 2013 - Memorial Day
- July 4, 2013 - Independence Day
- September 2, 2013 - Labor Day
- November 11, 2013 - Veterans Day
- November 28, 2013 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 25, 2013-January 1, 2014
Astra Schedule is the University's software tool for locating and scheduling facilities for classes, final exams and events. Academic departments utilize the Astra Schedule web client to schedule facilities for classes and view academic information. Space Management uses Astra to centrally schedule facilities for classes, final exams and events. Other customers may view data in the Astra web client on campus (or off campus with a VPN connection) as a Guest User at https://astra.csus.edu.
For training and more information about Astra Schedule, visit Astra Schedule.
Astra VII Update
Sacramento State is currently utilizing Astra Schedule version 6.0.12. The campus purchased Astra VII in summer of 2012. Astra VII is an upgraded version of the Astra Schedule software suite and offers more functionality to users and enhanced reporting capabilities. Space Management is collaborating with IRT and leading the implementation efforts to install, configure, test and deploy Astra VII to the Sacramento State community. Please continue to check this page for updated information about the Astra VII implementation project.