SAC STATE VISITOR FAQs
The following FAQs are intented to give you a quick guide to parking properly on our campus. For more detailed information, contact us at (916) 278-7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to pay to park?
Yes. A parking permit is required at all times unless special arrangements have been made with the parking office.
- Can I park for free after a certain hour, weekends or holidays?
No. A parking permit is required at all times unless special arrangements have been made with the parking office.
- How much is a daily parking permit?
An all day parking permit is $6. We also offer a 2 hour permit for $3.
- Where are daily permit machines located?
Permit machines are located in student lots. Reference our map. Permit machines are designated by a dollar sign, ($). Each permit machine also has a map to all other permit machines on campus.
- Where can I park with a daily parking permit?
Daily permits are valid in student parking lots. This excludes the residence hall parking lot. Remember to read parking lot signs.
- Do daily parking permit machines take cash and credit cards?
Yes. Daily parking permit machines accept silver coin, $1, $5, Mastercard, Visa and the Sac State OneCard.
- Are daily parking permits refundable?
- Can I park for free if the daily permit machine is not working?
No. If a daily permit machine is not working, please use the next nearest machine. Reference our map. Permit machines are designated by a dollar sign, ($). Each permit machine also has a map to all other permit machines on campus.
- Is there free timed parking?
Yes. See the parking colored map for free timed parking locations.
- Are there parking meters on campus?
- I am disabled and have an ADA placard/license plate. Can I park for free?
No. California Vehicle Code 21113.a provides Sacramento State the authorization to establish rules and regulations. Furthermore, the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, (42200.c) requires that vehicles displaying an ADA placard or license plate also display a valid Sacramento State parking permit. This entitles the vehicle to be parked in any student, faculty/staff or timed parking space for an indefinite period of time.
- I got a parking citation. How do I appeal it?
You may appeal online at Appeal or visit the UTAPS office.
- I got a parking citation. How do I pay it?
You may pay online at Pay or visit the UTAPS office. Be aware that there is a small convenience fee to pay online. Credit cards accepted online are American Express, Discover and Mastercard.
- When is the parking office open?
Reference our office hours.
- Where is the parking office located?
UTAPS is located in Folsom Hall, 7667 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA. 95826.
- I am visiting a relative/friend in the residence halls. Can I park overnight?
Yes; however, the student you are visiting must make prior arrangements with the parking office. Parking permits must be purchased for each day the vehicle will be parked on campus. IMPORTANT: residence hall visitor permits may only be purchased from the parking office.
- I want to hold an event on campus. Whom do I contact?
Visit Special Event Parking FAQs.
Updated May, 2014