Probation, Reinstatement After Disqualification and Dismissal Advising
Advising for students seeking reinstatement after disqualification is available beginning May 20, 2013.
Students will be reinstated on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. Reinstatement is not guaranteed.
Students who were academically disqualified as a result of your Fall 2012 grades have been granted an “automatic reinstatement” to continue for the spring 2013 semester. To be considered for future enrollment, students disqualified after fall 2012 must meet the following conditions:
- Minimum 2.0 term gpa; must pass all classes
- No D, F, WU, NC, I grades
- Students seeking impacted majors should meet with a career counselor in the Academic Advising and Career Center for help in choosing an alternate major
- Limit 14 units (minimum 28 hours of study time per week)
- Work less hours or take less units
- No registration for summer 2013 and fall 2013 classes until spring 2013 grades post (June)
For more detailed information about the disqualification, please read the official letter from the Office of the Registrar available through this link.
Students who have been academically dismissed due to fall 2012 grades are not currently eligible to attend Sacramento State. Academically Dismissed students may petition for “Readmission after Dismissal” for the spring 2014 term. See below for information about the petition process for readmission. The petition will be available in August 2013 for spring 2014 readmission.
Students who have been previously disqualified must submit a petition for “Reinstatement after Disqualification” in order to return to the university. “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petitions will be available on this website May 1, 2013. The petitions will be due on June 28, 2013. Dismissed students may apply for “Readmission after Dismissal” for Spring 2014. “Readmission after Dismissal” petitions will be available on this website August 1st with a due date of August 30, 2013.
Students who have been academically disqualified can apply for “Reinstatement after Disqualification.” Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters must also re-apply for admission. Sac State is an impacted campus and students who need to re-apply for admission must have completed 60 units and have most lower division General Education (GE) requirements completed (Areas A1, A2, A3, B4 are required). Students applying for “Reinstatement after Disqualification” must have all units and GE requirements (Areas A1, A2, A3 and B4) completed by the end of spring 2013 in order to be eligible for Fall reinstatement; summer course work will not be used to determine eligibility.
Students who have been previously dismissed from Sac State may apply for “Readmission after Dismissal” for spring 2014 reinstatement. Academically dismissed students must sit out one semester before being eligible for reinstatement; students who have been dismissed twice must sit out two years before petitioning for reinstatement. In order to be eligible for “Readmission after Dismissal” for the spring 2014 semester, students must have successfully completed GE Areas A1 (Oral Communication), A2 (Written Communication), A3 (Critical Thinking) and B4 (Quantitative Reasoning) with minimum “C-” grades. Additionally, students applying for “Readmission after Dismissal” must have at least 60 semester units completed in order to be eligible. Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters will need to re-apply for admission. Students will be provided access to the admission application after decisions have been made on the petition. Finally, due to budgetary issues which impact Sacramento State’s enrollment, reinstatements will be limited to students who are within 2-3 semesters of graduation (students reinstated after dismissal are limited to 6 units per semester for two semesters).
The following majors are currently impacted at Sac State:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Interior Design
Returning disqualified or dismissed students who are interested in choosing an impacted major should review the major department website for information. Consider meeting with a Career Counselor in the Academic Advising and Career Center for help in researching alternative majors.
Dates and Deadlines:
Disqualification Dates and Deadlines
- May 1, 2013 – “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petition available for download at www.csus.edu/acad
- June 28, 2013 – deadline to submit “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petition
- July 1 - July 31, 2013 – petitions reviewed by Readmission Subcommittee
- August 9, 2013 – students notified of committee’s decision
Dismissal Dates and Deadlines
- August 1, 2013 – “Readmission after Dismissal” petition available for download at www.csus.edu/acad
- August 30, 2013 – deadline to submit “Readmission after Dismissal” petition
- October 1 – November 15, 2013 – petitions reviewed by Readmission Subcommittee
- December 6, 2013 – students notified of committee’s decision