The Academic Advising Center is here to help you answer your questions and set you on your path to graduation. We know the transition to Sac State can be one that is both exciting and challenging, and want you to have the best experience possible at your new alma mater.
Evaluation of Transferred Units
An official review and evaluation of your transcripts takes one to two semesters to complete. Once completed, you can check your approved transfer credits on your My Sac State account through the drop-down box titled “Transfer Credit Report,” as well as on your Academic Requirements page. If you do not see your transferred units after two semesters or you do not feel they have been transferred correctly, please stop by the Academic Advising Center to have an advisor review your account with you thoroughly.
More information regarding the Transcript Evaluation Process
You must earn a minimum of 120 units to graduate from Sacrament State with a Bachelor’s Degree (some majors require more units). As a transfer student you must complete at least 30 units at Sacramento State campus (courses offered by the College of Continuing Education and Credit by Examination units do not count toward the 30 unit requirement). At least 24 of these units must be upper division, including at least 12 upper division units in your major (except for Business Administration, English, and Psychology which require 15 units). More Information on Graduation Requirements.
How do I know if my transfer courses meet my major requirements?
- Bring unoffical transcripts to your major department for review. A major advisor will be able to tell you which courses from your transfer school meet requirements in the major.
How do I find out which GE requirements are remaining?
- Check the Degree Progress Report on My Sac State.
Where do I get help in figuring how to complete my GE?
- Advisors in the Academic Advising and Career Center (Lassen Hall 1013) will provide students with the help they need to complete their GE requirements.
What can I expect from my advising session?
- We may cover a wide range of topics during our advising session together, including General Education and graduation requirements, academic policies, how to get connected to campus resources, goals for the futurem, strategies for success, and much more.
How do I meet with an Advisor?
- Students can come in any time during our regular business hours for drop-in appointment with one of our Academic Advisors. We are available Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm during the summer and 9am - 5pm during the academic year.
What if I don't have the time for a full appointment?
- If you are crunched for time, or only have a quick question that needs to be answered, ask to speak to one of our Triage Advisors or check out our Online Chat feature on the Academic Advising homepage.
Have more questions? Click here.