Undeclared/Expressed Interest Advising
The Home of Undeclared and Expressed Interest (EI) Advising!
At Sacramento State we take pride in the seven academic colleges that offer 58 undergraduate majors and 41 graduate degrees, six post-baccalaureate certificates and two doctoral degrees. In some areas, you have the option of designing your own major with faculty approval. We, at the Academic Advising Center can help you make a good choice from a wealth of major offerings. Our goal is to assist you with major and career exploration to ensure a timely declaration of major.
Let’s get you on the fast track to graduation by taking the following steps to declare a major by 45 units:
- Create Account or Member login if you already created an account
- Under Students/Clients enter the Site ID Code: SDJOP5F, click Next
- Complete the personal information form
- Choose a Log In name and password
STEP 2. Research undergraduate majors/minors and career possibilities using the Sacramento State Catalog
TIP: Consider using General Education (GE) courses to explore majors. You will find some introductory major courses in GE areas A through E. You may also want to consider the following non-GE exploratory courses: NSM 88: Exploring Health Careers, NSM 96: Introduction to Health Careers Seminar, PSYC 4: Navigating Psychology: The Major and Careers, RPTA 1: Orientation to Recreation, Parks and Tourism Administration and SWRK 95: Introduction to Social Work.
STEP 3. Visit the Career Center to understand the relationship between specific majors and careers, as well as how to find jobs, internships and other experiential learning opportunities.
- Participate in the Career Center Events
All Majors Career Fair
Tuesday, October 06, 2015
University Union Ballroom
10:00 am- 2:00 pm
Are You Interested in an Impacted Major?
Major/Program Impaction is when the number of applications from fully eligible students to a designated major far exceeds the number of spaces available in that major. You will be given the designation of Expressed Interest (EI) until you are formally accepted into the program by the major department.
Three very important steps to consider when pursuing an impacted Major/Program:
STEP 1. Seek academic advising in the Academic Advising Center as soon as possible (ASAP).
STEP 2. To apply to an impacted Major/Program you:
- Must successfully complete specific pre-requisites or equivalents
- Assist.org will provide you with course equivalencies if planning to take the pre-requisites at a community college
- Must meet the minimum GPA and complete unit requirements
- Meeting the minimum GPA does not guarantee admissions to the program
- Exceeding the minimum GPA requirement is highly recommended
STEP 3. Submit a supplemental application
- Visit department website for program information, important dates and deadlines
Join The Undeclared Student Club!
Mia Kagianas, ASI Director of Undeclared students at email@example.com
Follow them on Facebook: Sac State ASI Director
For Additional Support and Guidance Contact:
Adriana Cervantes, Coordinator of Undeclared and Expressed Interest (EI) Advising