A major advisor is a faculty member in the major department who answers questions pertaining to requirements within the major.
A general education advisor is an academic advisor in the Academic Advising and Career Center (Lassen Hall 1013) who answers any questions related to general education, graduation requirements, grading policies, etc. The Academic Advising and Career Center operates on a drop-in basis and does not advise on major requirements.
There are also designated advisors for students in specialized programs such as EOP, CAMP, MEP, and Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Which GE courses do I have remaining?
- How do I complete the foreign language requirement?
- Am I ready to apply for graduation?
- Should I repeat this course?
- What does it mean to be on Academic Probation?
- Which courses should I take next in my major?
- Is this a good major for me?
- What jobs are available with this major?
- What can you tell me about graduate school?
- Will you check and sign my graduation application?