Area B 1 Physical Science
- Is an introductory or survey course with no college level prerequisites.
- Emphasizes general principles and concepts having a broad range
of application and is not restricted to specialized topics.
- Develops an understanding of the principles underlying and interrelating
natural phenomena including the foundations of our knowledge
of living and/or non-living systems.
- Introduces students to one or more of the disciplines whose primary
purpose is to acquire knowledge of the physical universe
and/or its life forms rather than merely to apply existing knowledge.
- Develops an appreciation of the methodologies of science, the requisite
features of scientific endeavors, and the limitations
of scientific inquiry.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of natural phenomena.
- Apply the methodologies of science when approaching a scientific
- Explain the limitations of scientific inquiry.