State University, Sacramento
Area B-2 Life Forms
- Is an introductory or survey course with no college level prerequisites.
general principles and concepts having a broad range of application
and is not restricted to specialized topics.
- Develops an understanding
of the principles underlying and interrelating natural phenomena
including the foundations of our knowledge of living
- Introduces students to one or more of the disciplines
whose primary purpose is to acquire knowledge of living systems
rather than merely
to apply existing knowledge.
- Develops an appreciation of the methodologies
of science, the requisite features of scientific endeavors, and
the limitations of scientific
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of natural phenomena.
the methodologies of science when approaching a scientific problem.
the limitations of scientific inquiry.