State University, Sacramento
Area B - 3 Lab Component
- Emphasizes the learning of laboratory techniques and verification
of facts and principles in the relevant discipline.
- Involves at
least two hours per week in the lab.
- Emphasizes general principles
and concepts having a broad range of application and is not restricted
to specialized topics.
- Develops an understanding of the principles
underlying and interrelating natural phenomena including the foundations
of our knowledge of living
systems and/or non-living systems. Introduces students to one or
more of the disciplines whose primary purpose is to acquire knowledge
the physical universe and/or its life forms rather than merely
to apply existing knowledge.
- Develops an appreciation of the methodologies
of science, the requisite features of scientific endeavors, and
the limitations of scientific
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of natural phenomena.
the methodologies of science when approaching a scientific problem.
the limitations of scientific inquiry.