Writing Intensive Outcomes
1. The course must build on the basic skills and knowledge acquired
by students in their foundation courses in General Education or the
2. The course must expand students knowledge by examining complex
3. The course must expand students abilities to reason logically
and to write clearly in prose.
4. Students must be required to write not less than 5,000 words of
clear and logical prose (not to include simple narrative or diary writing).
5. Instructors must work actively with students to sharpen analytical
abilities and to improve their writing styles
6. Writing assignments must be spread over the entire semester
(with at least 3000 of the 5,000 words due before the last two weeks
7. Instructors must provide timely responses and evaluation
of each writing assignment, and evaluations and comments must not
only be about the subject matter content but also about writing skills.
1. Utilize and build on the basic skills and knowledge acquired in
their foundation courses in GE or the major.
2. Examine complex issues.
3. Write 5,000 words of clear and logical prose (not to include simple
narrative or diary writing)