Academically Related Activities (ARA) & Student Academic Development (SAD)
Program Guidelines - 2016/2017
To support activities that extend students’ educational experiences beyond the normal instructional environment. We encourage students from all academic disciplines to apply. ARA and SAD are for reimbursement only.
Funds are distributed as applications are submitted on a first come, first served basis. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT FUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE ACADEMIC YEAR.
Group projects - Groups of students attending a conference together are NOT considered "group projects" and must submit individual applications.
Budget - Do NOT include the cost of food, textbooks, membership fees, clothing, etc. (broader list included in "Program Agreement" page).
Receipts - Receipts do NOT need to be turned in with application. However, failure to turn in receipts by deadline may result in a forfeit of awarded funds.
Award Process - All applicants will be notified via email with the status of grant funding. These are reimbursement grants and will only be awarded if original receipts are submitted.
Combined Booking - If you are using a travel agency or booking online, lodging and transportation must be listed separately.
Failure to List Item - Expenses not listed in the budget will NOT be reimbursed.
ARA awards will not exceed $300 for in-state conferences and $500 for out-of-state conferences. SAD awards will not exceed $300.
Applicants are eligible for the maximum amount requested (within the parameters of the program guidelines) between the two grant programs.
Full funding is NOT a guarantee.
The Academic Affairs staff will place applicants into the appropriate program to maximize applicant's potential reimbursement amount.
- Application - Monday, April 3, 2017 5:00pm
- Receipts - Two (2) weeks after date of event (see "Guidelines")
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail as soon as possible after these deadlines, usually within 6 weeks.
- All receipts MUST HAVE YOUR NAME ON THE RECEIPT (if applicable) and must indicate the expense has been paid.
- Special arrangements for reimbursement after the deadlines can be requested. Exceptions are not guaranteed.
- Original receipts, boarding passes, name tags, and copies of credit cards used MUST be submitted to be reimbursed from the ARA grant.
- If notified by the Academic Affairs staff, please complete a Vendor Data Form (instructions).
- Grant reimbursement is subject to University policy and reimbursement guidelines.
If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Academic Affairs:
(916) 278-6331 or visit Sacramento Hall 230.