State University, Sacramento
FOR PURPOSES, PROCESSES, AND USES OF
- Use of the CSUS mission, the
proposed baccalaureate learning goals and expectations as
guides to assessment.
- Development of meaningful,
manageable, and sustainable assessment
- A collegial, consensual process
involving faculty, staff, and students in meaningful
conversations about supporting teaching, learning, and
- Reliance on faculty to determine
their programs mission, goals, objectives, and
assessment priorities, and the implications of assessment
- Use of evidence to guide
decision-making and to improve programs.
- Assessment as an on-going,
incremental process of improvement, rather than a
one-shot effort to meet external
- Assessment of entire programs, not
individuals within them.
- Use of readily available
information, when relevant.
- Use of multiple measures of
- Strict adherence to
confidentiality and informed consent guidelines in the
collection and reporting of assessment data.
From Palombra and
Banta, 1999 and CSUB Assessment Handbook