Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6016
Phone: (916) 278-6331
Fax: (916) 278-7648
The Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall serve the Provost in an advisory capacity on matters regarding the amount, structure, and distribution of the budget of the Office of Academic Affairs. In the conduct of its business, the Committee shall seek to foster budgeting transparency, longer-term as well as immediate fiscal planning, a greater understanding of budget complexities within the general membership of the Academic Affairs community, and a clear connection between the Academic Affairs budget and the University’s Strategic Plan.
The Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall replace all prior or present committees advising the Provost on Academic Affairs budget matters.
Information Regarding Actions and Recommendations
Recommendations and information derived from meetings, actions, and decisions of the Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall be posted on the web page of the Office of Academic Affairs. At the end of each academic year, the Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall issue a summary report of its activities and recommendations during the year in question. The Provost shall append a report summarizing the status of recommendations made by Committee.
The Provost (or the Provost’s designee) shall chair the Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee in a non-voting capacity.
No member of the Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall serve simultaneously on the University Budget Advisory Committee.
The Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee shall consist of 11 members in addition to the Provost:
- Three Academic Department Chairs or Program Directors selected by the Provost from a list of five names provided by and from among the Academic Department Chairs and Program Directors of the Colleges (selection process to be determined by the body of Academic Department Chairs and Program Directors).
- Three faculty members (other than Academic Department Chairs or Program Directors) appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- An Administrative Analyst/Specialist elected by and from among the group of eight Administrative Analyst/Specialists serving the Deans of the Colleges and the University Library regarding budget matters (election process to be determined by the Administrative Analyst/Specialists in question).
- A Dean or Associate Dean appointed by the Provost.
- An administrator appointed by the Provost from among administrators serving Academic Affairs units other than the Colleges and the University Library.
- A representative (excluding faculty and staff members from other colleges and the University Library) of the College of Continuing Education designated by the Dean of the College of Continuing Education.
- A student representative appointed by Associated Students, Inc.
Terms of Office
The appointee of Associated Students, Inc. shall serve a one-year term and shall be eligible to serve no more than three consecutive terms.
Through a procedure determined by the inaugural Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee, terms of the initial members of the Committee (excluding the member appointed by Associated Students, Inc.) shall be staggered to insure longer term continuity of membership.
Beyond the staggered terms of the initial membership of the Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Committee, terms of service shall be three years; no representative shall serve more than two successive terms.