Academic Affairs Mission and Goals
The Office of Academic Affairs remains focused on the major elements of Sacramento State’s mission – access, diversity, quality, and the fullest university experience for our students. The desire to improve upon what we do regarding each of these elements drives our agenda each year. We pursue improvement with a commitment to accountability and assessment. Our goal is to improve in ways that provide our students with the best in a university education. Resources matter, of course. So also do ingenuity and practicality, the use of the considerable intellectual talent that characterizes our University. We in Academic Affairs look forward to working with faculty, staff, and students to provide an excellent education for today’s students and the next generation.
During the 2011/12 academic year, Academic Affairs will:
- Engage all elements of the Academic Affairs community in setting priorities to guide responses to California’s fiscal crisis and our eventual emergence from it.
- Focus our attention especially upon retention and graduation rates and upon evidence-based decisions and assessment of program learning outcomes.
- Continue our partnership with the Office of Student Affairs, focusing especially upon progress in the area of advising students at risk of academic probation.
- Continue to lead discussion regarding the role of graduate education at Sacramento State and ways to strengthen that role.
- Advance our capacity to deliver curricula in multiple modalities.
- Continue to assess and respond more systematically to needs in the areas of classroom technology and instructional equipment.
- Further our efforts systematically to increase our students’ understanding of the Sacramento Region’s global connections and context.