Resources and Links
- CSU Chancellor’s Office Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) Tools and Resources
- "From Where I Sit" - a powerful video series of CSU students with disabilities including a discussion of what is required to support both students and faculty in creating a more accessible and inclusive learning environment.
- CSU Professional Development for Accessibility Website
- CSU ATI Community of Practice Website
CSU Academic Senate Resolutions:
- Providing Equal Access to Programs and Services, AS-2801-07/AA/FA, May 10-11, 2007
- Support of SB 302, AS-2614-03, May 5-6, 2005
- Students' Access to Academic Information Technology (PDF)
- Provision of Accessible Electronic Material by Publishers
- Faculty Role in Mitigating the Cost of Textbooks (PDF)
- Accessible Technology Policy - adopts the accessible technology provisions of the California State University Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations - CSU Executive Order 926 as the campus accessible technology policy.
- Services to Students with Disabilities - offers a wide range of support services and accommodations to students with disabilities on campus in order to ensure equal access and opportunity to pursue their educational goals.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA - provides coordination for Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA and investigation for discrimination complaints for faculty, staff, and students, and coordinates assistive equipment/auxiliary assistance for faculty/staff with disabilities on campus.
- Information Resources & Technology - acknowledges the strategic importance of information technology to all campus units. Services include Academic Computing Resources including the Help Desk, Administrative Computing Services, Operations, Systems, and Network Support, and Telecommunications Services.
- Procurement and Contract Services - provides the campus with cost efficient and effective services for all acquisitions and contracting needs.
- Academic Technology and Creative Services - provides consultation, technical assistance and creative expertise in support of the teaching/learning, research, service and outreach missions of the University.
- Planning an Accessible Campus Event- guidelines compiled by the University Committee for Persons with Disabilities on how to plan an accessible event.
- Section 508 Resources Website - resources for understanding and implementing Section 508 electronic and information technology accessibility.
- Ensuring Access through Collaboration and Technology (EnACT) - support students with disabilities within the California State University in attaining their postsecondary educational goals.
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) - works with organizations around the world to develop strategies, guidelines, and resources to help make the Web accessible to people with disabilities.
- Usability.org - government resource on usability and accessibility, including the latest usability research and training opportunities.
- Guide to Working with Students - University of Wisconsin's guidelines and helpful hints for working with students who have various kinds of disabilities.
- Disability Etiquette Handbook - a glossary of acceptable terms developed by the City of San Antonio Disability Access Office.
- Universal Design of Instruction - provide guidance in the design of products and environments.