Legal Requirements: ATI fits with Section 508
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 with Amendments: http://www.access-board.gov/enforcement/Rehab-Act-text/intro.htm
- The purpose for Section 508 is to eliminate barriers in information technology, to make available new opportunities for people with disabilities, and to encourage development of technologies that will help achieve these goals.
- Interested in reading the law: http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm
- In 2003 the California Legislature amended California Education Code 11135 to require CSU to implement Section 508 and to apply the federal accessibility standards to the electronic and information technology (EIT) products and services that CSU buys, creates, uses and maintains.
- California Education Code 11135: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=gov&group=11001-12000&file=11135-11139.7
- CSU Chancellor's Office issued Executive Order 926, along with several coded memorandums.http://www.calstate.edu/Accessibility/
- Updated CSU Chancellor's office Coded Memo http://www.calstate.edu/acadaff/codedmemos/AA-2010-13.shtml
For more information about the CSU Accessible Technology Initiative Procurement priority, go tohttp://www.calstate.edu/Accessibility/EIT_Procurement/
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org