Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarship Application and Information
Faculty Senate Office Contacts
Senate Analyst: Kathy Garcia
If you have accessed this Web page, you have received an invitation to apply for a Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Award. Only students who have received a written invitation to apply for a scholarship will be eligible for consideration.
The awards shall recognize academic achievement and promise of continued academic success, service and contributions to the student’s major department, college, the university and/or the community at-large, and articulation of future educational goals. Award recipients shall be selected by the Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Committee and recognition of award recipients shall be made at a Faculty Senate meeting. The decision of the Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Committee is final.
1. Must have completed at least one year at Sacramento State and at least 60 units in their academic career, including 30 units of coursework at Sac State.
2. Undergraduate students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 units) during the semester of application and have at least one semester remaining at Sac State as an undergraduate. (If you are graduating in December and awaiting acceptance and/or have been accepted into a post-baccalaureate or credential program, you are not eligible for an undergraduate scholarship.)
3. Undergraduate students must have a minimum overall and Sac State GPA of 3.5, and be in the top 10% of GPAs in the student’s major. Finalists’ continued eligibility through the fall semester will be verified prior to the granting of awards.
4. Previous recipients of an undergraduate award are not eligible for a second award in this category.
5. Undergraduate students enrolled through the College of Continuing Education must be in a degree program to be eligible for this scholarship.
Post-baccalaureate Students MA or equivalent
1. Post-baccalaureate students must have completed at least one semester and at least 12 units at Sac State as a post-baccalaureate student by the end of the current fall semester.
2. Post-baccalaureate students must be enrolled at least half-time (4 units) during the semester of application and have at least one semester remaining at Sac State.
3. Post baccalaureate-students must have an overall and Sac State Post-baccalaureate GPA of at least 3.5 and be in the top 5% of GPAs in the student’s major. Finalists’ continued eligibility through the fall semester will be verified prior to the granting of awards.
4. Previous recipients of the post-baccalaureate award shall not be eligible for a second award in this category (previous recipients in the undergraduate category may be eligible for a post-baccalaureate award.)
5. Undergraduate students enrolled though the College of Continuing Education must be in a degree program to be eligible for this scholarship.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Deadline: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 11:59 pm
Application Information and Upload:
• Application materials are to be uploaded as one pdf doucment. Your file should consist of the following items in the order described below.
• Log into SacCT 9.1 and find the course titled “Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarship Award Program.” The SacCT page contains the application file and a link to upload your completed application.
All Applications Must Have:
1. A completed Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Award Application form.
2. A one-page resume.
3. A “Personal Statement” in which the student describes his/her academic accomplishments, evidence of service and contributions to the student’s major department, college, university and/or the community at-large, and his/her future educational goals. The “Personal Statement” must not exceed 500 words.
4. No more than three (3) letters of support, with at least one from a Sacramento State faculty member in which the faculty member provides an evaluation of the student’s academic achievement and promise of academic success as well as the student’s serviced and contribution to the department, college, university and/or the community at-large (please limit service activates to the past five years). In additional, letters of support from one or more people, e.g., non-Sac State faculty, supervisors, or anyone who may provide evidence of the student’s service and contribution can be included.
Applicants should take special care to request letters of support from faculty members and other individuals most qualified to speak knowledgeably and compellingly about their academic achievements, service activities, and/or educational goals.
Letters of Support Instructions
Letters of support are to be addressed to the “Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Committee”.
If faculty prefers submitting confidential letters of support, they may do so directly to the Committee:
• via email to email@example.com or
• via sealed envelope delivered/mailed addressed to Kathy Garcia, Faculty Senate Office, 254 Sacramento Hall/6036.
APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE WILL BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE AND WILL RESULT IN DISUQALIFICATION.
Questions are to be directed to Kathy Garcia in the Faculty Senate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 278-6847. Financial Aid will not answer questions about this scholarship unless they pertain to your financial situation.
AWARD NOTIFICATION PROCESS
All applications will be notified of the results via e-mail by February 8, 2013. Award recipients must contact Kathy Garcia, in the Faculty Senate Office, to accept the award.
Recipients are requested to make arrangements to be available February 11-13 for a photo to be used to recognize the awardees. The announcement of the 2012 award recipients will be sent out campus wide and posted on the Faculty Senate website.
The award ceremony will be held on Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 3:00 – 5:00 pm in the Foothill Suite, during the Faculty Senate meeting, with a reception following. Recipients will be introduced by one of their faculty sponsors and are welcome to invite family and friends to the ceremony.