Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Committee
• 2015-16 Agendas & Minutes
The Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Committee is a subcommittee of the Faculty Senate Academic Policies Committee that reviews applications for, and selects the recipients of the Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarships Awards. The Committee is also responsible for recommending policies, procedures on the Student Scholarship Fund, and advises on fund-praising, and evaluates proposals for funding (including the annual disbursement of earnings from the fund).
It shall be the responsibility of the Faculty Endowment for Student Scholarship Committee to
1) recommend to the Academic Senate policies regarding the purpose(s) and use of the Fund;
2) recommend to the Academic Senate procedures, guidelines and criteria for allocation of funds;
3) advise the Office of University Affairs on fund raising strategies for the Fund;
4) evaluate proposals for funding and decide the annual disbursement of earnings from the Fund; and
5) report annually to the Academic Senate on the disbursement of earnings from the Fund.
The membership of the Faculty Endowment Fund shall be:
- Seven faculty members (nominated by the Executive Committee and appointed by the Senate)
- An Emeritus faculty member (appointed by and from the Emeritus Faculty Association)
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs (ex officio, voting)
- An Office of University Affairs representative (ex officio, non-voting) who shall sit with the committee to advise and staff its work.
Members of the committee will serve staggered, three-year terms. (FS 06-109/FEFC/Ex, AS 87-73 amended by AS 90-67, AS 91-30)