General Education Course Review Subcommittee
The General Education Course Review Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the General Education Policies/Graduation Requirements Committee.
(FS 08-07/GEP/GRPC/Ex; amends FS 98-34/GEP/GRC/Ex)
Working groups review and recommend course proposals for inclusion in GE pattern and send recommendations to Subcommittee for approval. GEP/GRC acts as body of appeal. Working groups develop definitions and evaluation standards pertaining to area criteria and submit to Subcommittee and GEP/GRC for approval. Working groups undertake periodic reviews (every 2 years) of area and sub-area criteria, definitions, and standards as required by current University policy. Working groups undertake periodic (every 2 years) reviews of course compliance with area criteria as required by current University policy.
Voting members shall include: 14 voting members drawn from the College (two from each College, and shall be from different departments/divisions/equivalent units); 1 member elected from, or appointed by, each College’s Curriculum Committee; 1 member nominated by College faculty and elected at-large within each College (serve three-year staggered terms).
Non-voting members shall include: 1 non-voting member appointed by/from the GEP/GRC; 1 non-voting member is the General Education administrator.
3 working groups:
1) Area A, Advanced Study, and Race and Ethnicity,
2) Areas B and D, and
3) Areas C and E
- Subcommittee and working groups initially convened by administrator responsible for GE.
- Subcommittee chair elected annually by and from voting members.
- Working group convenor elected annually by and from membership of working group.
- Membership of working groups to be determined by the subcommittee.