Pedagogy Enhancement Awards Subcommittee
Pedagogy Enhancement Awards Subcommittee Standing Rules
The Pedagogy Enhancement Awards Committee (PEAS) is a subcommittee of the Faculty Policies Committee. The committee administers the Pedagogy Enhancement Awards and recommends policies and procedures relating to the Pedagogy Enhancement Awards to the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and the Faculty Policies Committee.
- Administers the Pedagogy Enhancement Awards.
- Recommends policies and procedures relating to the Pedagogy Enhancement Awards to the Faculty Policies Committee.
- Prepares and presents an annual report to the Faculty Senate.
- Voting Members
- Nine faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate. No more than two members may be from a single college and no two members may be from the same department/unit. Every effort shall be made to encourage membership from each college.
- Seven college-based faculty members;
- One member from the University Library;
- One faculty At-large representative selected by the Faculty Senate; and
- One faculty member from the Faculty Policies Committee.
- Non-Voting/Ex-Officio Members
- The Faculty Senate Chair.
- Additional ex-officio membership may be recommended by the subcommittee, the Faculty Policies Committee, the Executive Committee, or the President or designee.
- The term of appointment for faculty representatives shall be for three years, with the possibility of reappointment. Appointments will be staggered to ensure that approximately one-third of the faculty members are appointed each year.
- The term of the non-voting / ex-officio members will be one-year.
- The Chair shall be elected from and be among the voting members of the Committee.
- The term of office of the Chair shall be one year. The term shall begin at noon on the last day of the spring semester in which elected and shall end at noon on the last day of the spring semester of the following year.
- A faculty member may be elected to serve up to three consecutive terms of one year each as the Committee Chair. After an interval of a year following the end of the third consecutive term, the faculty member shall become eligible again for election to the Chair of the Committee.
- The Chair is responsible for establishing the agenda for each meeting.
- At its first meeting of the academic year, the Committee shall elect from its voting members a Vice-Chair.
- The term of office of the Vice-Chair shall be one academic year. The term shall begin upon election of the Vice-Chair at the first committee meeting of the year and shall end at noon on the last day of the spring semester of the academic year.
- The Vice-Chair shall preside over the routine business of the Committee in the absence of the Committee Chair or should the office of the Committee Chair become vacant, until the election of a new Committee Chair.
- The Committee shall be a subcommittee of the Faculty Policies Committee. The Subcommittee reports to the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Faculty Policies Committee. The CTL funds this program and provides administrative support. The CTL reports to the Faculty Senate.
- Issues addressed by the Committee may be referred to the Faculty Policies Committee and/or the Executive Committee.
- Any of the Standing Policy Committees of the Faculty Senate may refer issues to the Committee either through the Faculty Policies Committee or the Executive Committee.
- The Committee shall meet monthly or as needed at a designated time and place.
- Committee meetings shall be open except for the award deliberations, at which time the meetings will be closed.
- The meeting agenda shall be distributed and supporting documentation provided to the Committee at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- Committee agendas will be published and made accessible to the campus community at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- A quorum of the Committee shall be a majority of the voting members. The Committee shall not take official action in the absence of a quorum.
Adoption of Standing Rules
- FS 14/15-91/PEAS/FPC/EX: Adopted December 5, 2014
- AS 97-12/FPC/EX: Adopted February 13, 1997